IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Monster Jam ( Off Topic)
1/20/09, 9:43 PM   #1
Monster Jam ( Off Topic)
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Im going this saturday...Is anyone else. Been going sence i was 2 years old and going again...:thumb

1/20/09, 10:39 PM   #2
Re: Monster Jam ( Off Topic)
DAK SIMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
Im going this saturday...Is anyone else. Been going sence i was 2 years old and going again...:thumb

SO you've been going every year since you were two. so what's that make you,,,,,,,,,,about 6 years old now........Just kidding. Have fun. Wish I was going.

1/20/09, 10:48 PM   #3
terrehautian

I wanted to go, but forgot. Good thing I didn't get tickets, got a telethon to work.

1/20/09, 11:03 PM   #4
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

The Morgans are going...3rd year in a row, I think. Sam is all psyched up to see Max D!

1/20/09, 11:08 PM   #5
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 51

Not to put damper on your plans, or to scare you about your trip to Monster Jam, but there was a tragic accident this past weekend that claimed the life of a 6 year old boy.:crying:

http://news.aol.com/article/boy-kill...ck-show/310353

This could easily happen at a Sprint Car race also.

1/20/09, 11:10 PM   #6
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsanonwingthing View Post
Not to put damper on your plans, or to scare you about your trip to Monster Jam, but there was a tragic accident this past weekend that claimed the life of a 6 year old boy.:crying:

http://news.aol.com/article/boy-kill...ck-show/310353

This could easily happen at a Sprint Car race also.
I know, I saw that this weekend and said the same thing to my husband. What a freak accident....very tragic. :crying:

1/21/09, 12:07 AM   #7
Onlydirt

We r going to be ther! Wouldnt miss the "White Trash Expo" for the world. My son loves it! Very sad to hear of the accident, up til then I believe they had a very good record for lack of injuries.

1/21/09, 12:16 AM   #8
1BIGracefan

The Hendershots are going for the 5th year in a row my youngest daughter loves the DIGGER!!!!!!!!

1/21/09, 12:18 AM   #9
bobO

just a reminder 4 all of us we push the boys-girls off to send them out and they don,t always come back keep that poor familey in our prayers been their done that hardest thing a mom-dad can do

1/21/09, 2:08 AM   #10
Bluteam

Very tragic indeed. The boy(whose family lives litterally around the corner from us) had several siblings witness it unfold too.

We attended one of these events 10 years ago, and sat in the very spot this occured. When one of the trucks started his donut routine right in front of us, I wasn't sure how to react. We had a great close up view of a spinning, churning, rotor glowing, 10,000 pound truck, and it was the last time we went. I was not impressed with the lack of concern for safety of the public by the driver, and the event organizers back then - and now they proved my concern valid.

Tragic accident this past weekend - yes. Preventable? We'll never know. It is true, life can change in an instant, and we are each responsible for our decisions. But they never even slowed down the show this past Saturday. It is sickening to me that it was more important to keep going with the show, knowing that a child lost his life in front of his parents, his siblings, and onlookers. I'm sure there is a valid explanation for that decision somewhere.

They say God has his reasons. Someday I hope to hear the explanation for this one. There is a family missing their child, brother, and friend tonight.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Monster Jam ( Off Topic)