IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Midget82
  #111 7/16/09 3:08 AM
Originally Posted by micro94:
I wasnt there obviously but I wish I could have been.Going by the live feed DD put on a heck of a drive coming from the back to 3rd.He still had faster lap times at the end.5 more laps would have been interesting.For anyone who was there Im asuming he was running the top?
Dave was running where he could pass, he was fast and agressive. Mostly SilverCrown style (huggypole) in 1-2, and mid-high in 3-4 but sometimes diamonding turn 4 and finding some extra moisture... but like I said, he went where the other cars weren't and made it work! Very fun to watch!
sprintgirl14 (Offline)
  #112 7/16/09 3:37 AM
Originally Posted by JasonWatt:
Tough night for Hud, BC and Kyle!

Get em tomorrow night guys!

Nice win Mr. Sweet!
tough night indeed for hud cone. he struggled all night with motor problems, and then had a flat left rear in the b but still fought it and ended up 5th and transferred. motor change for the 11 walker car tonight and hopefully everything will start to fall together for this team
3Cfan (Offline)
  #113 7/16/09 3:56 AM
Tough Luck Award goes to Blake Fitzpatrick.
Hughes Racing
  #114 7/16/09 7:51 AM
Originally Posted by SprintManDave:
DD qualified 14th and started 14th.
Shouldn't Dave Darland started 13th since Kyle Robbins did not transfer out of the B'Main?
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #115 7/16/09 8:36 AM
I give THAT credit on track prep. Not the best surface, but given the rain I thought it was good. If they hadn't sealed the track, there wouldn't have been a race, Mike King hit on that. The infield pit area showed that. There was dust, but also passing. I'll take some dust if there's passing. Watching DD was worth the price of admission alone IMO.
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #116 7/16/09 10:46 AM
If memory serves me correctly Dave did start 13th...inside of row 7....Dave always amazes me as to how strong he gets in the last ten laps of any race!! A real seasoned veteran!!
stockracer (Offline)
  #117 7/16/09 11:00 AM
I just wanted to say last night was very good. A+++++++ Usac needs to keep ISW at THAT during Vigo Co Fair !!!!! Made for a fun night. Tracks consession stand may have suffered, but fair food stands did not. ( I had everything from ice cream to pork chops, including lemon shake ups and pop corn, etc...I wish I was smart enough to take helicopter ride to watch start of race like others did.... Not only a DD fan, but he was flying out of turn four last night... great job to Fair board, THAT, USAC, and of course the drivers...........
ronmil (Offline)
  #118 7/16/09 1:15 PM
Watching Dave Darland pick off the positions methodically was indeed worth the price of admission. If it had been a 35 lap feature, I believe he would have won.

Ron Miller
racegal (Offline)
  #119 7/16/09 1:28 PM
Originally Posted by Onlydirt:
Any word on what happen to Levi? Was 4th then the yellow and then he was laps down....guess he was the yellow
Flat tire.. sorry for repeating if you already know by now.

Ron, Sorry we missed seeing you and David's biggest fan!!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #120 7/16/09 1:39 PM
With all of the farm animals in the area last night, (not the stands) it kind of had that Haubstadt aroma!
Closed Thread