IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Raceceiver options for drivers
2/13/21, 9:42 AM   #1
Raceceiver options for drivers
lce

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 12

Are any drivers using anything other than the common Raceceiver (yellow one)? If so, what are the pros and cons between brands.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/13/21, 5:26 PM   #2
treecitytornado

It would be hard to use something else, when most every track requires you to run one & penalizes you if it's Not working. Most tracks run the default channel. Several sanctioning bodies, do run other channels. Keep it simple! Buy a New one & some Ear Everything Ear Buds. Call Dawn Flinn at 317-514-9584. The Ear Buds are the only part, you definitely need your own, that are custom fit. 😉😁

2/13/21, 6:15 PM   #3
RHR

We have had much better luck with clarity and battery life, with the Switch model from REI.

4 members like this post: renegade996, the visitor, tirespinner, Tony74
2/14/21, 10:27 AM   #4
Tony74

REI switch model is good, better battery life and tougher.

2/15/21, 2:28 PM   #5
Re: Raceceiver options for drivers
TQ29m

We used to use a Bearcat scanner, made a simple mount, and left it in the car most of the time, the cost is close to the same, but unless you leave it on all season, one new set of batteries will be your total maintaince for the season, plus your ear buds if you want custom ones, I have standard ears, so I get by with the one that comes with the unit, you can even buy them in remans, for even less, I usually carried a spare, for me, or someone else as forgetful, my preference, altho I complained a lot when we were ordered to have them. Bob

2/16/21, 10:47 AM   #6
Re: Raceceiver options for drivers
TQ29m

Tony, I shouldn't do this, but it's a good time to ask, is it cold up in them wind mills this morning, hope you get em going again. Bob

2 members like this post: tirespinner, Tony74
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Raceceiver options for drivers