IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best All-AroundDriver right now?
8/7/18, 10:03 AM   #1
Best All-AroundDriver right now?
WorldOfOutlawsFan
Banned

Race Count This Year: 39
Race Count Last Year: 57

Who are you guys thinking. At the moment i think its a toss up between Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell with the edge going to Larson. Both can run Winged, Non Wing, Midgets, Asphalt anything really.
Last edited by WorldOfOutlawsFan; 8/7/18 at 10:12 AM.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, EBookerFan
8/7/18, 12:23 PM   #2
Re: Best All-AroundDriver right now?
revjimk

Easy. Larson

8/7/18, 1:33 PM   #3
ISF

Given his success in everything he's ever raced I believe that Kyle Larson is the best all-around active driver in the world today. I firmly believe Larson is in a category with Al Sr., A.J. and Mario but circumstances are such in this era as to not allow for the diverse success those 3 enjoyed to be realized by Larson. I don't believe there is any doubt that Larson could, and would, be a dominant driver in Indy Cars. It is unimaginable how much interest Larson would create if he was to race a full Indy Car schedule. The doubling of TV ratings and attendance is not an unrealistic assumption, although some would say that wouldn't be all that big of an accomplishment.

Given equal opportunity CBell would not be more than a tick behind Larson in all around performance in as many different racing persuasions. I don't particularly enjoy NASCAR like I once did but I will renew a fair share of my lost interest when CBell is racing against Larson on Sunday's and Saturday night's!

8/7/18, 3:43 PM   #4
motorhead748

If it's a series or car where the driver plays a bigger role or at least as much a role as the car Larson is the best on the planet.

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
8/7/18, 4:18 PM   #5
revjimk

Larson best all around is as much a no brainer as Schatz for best winged driver
The real question is who is the best "traditional" driver, & best midget driver. Thats what makes it interesting! (actually one of MANY things....)

8/7/18, 4:34 PM   #6
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Larson best all around is as much a no brainer as Schatz for best winged driver
The real question is who is the best "traditional" driver, & best midget driver. Thats what makes it interesting! (actually one of MANY things....)
Id still say Larson. Don't forget he came to eldora (when it was still the real eldora) on his FIRST visit & swept the 3 crown.

2 members like this post: CGardner46, PIT CART
8/7/18, 10:16 PM   #7
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
Id still say Larson. Don't forget he came to eldora (when it was still the real eldora) on his FIRST visit & swept the 3 crown.
It hasnt been the real Eldora since Doty got hurt

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
8/8/18, 1:29 AM   #8
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
Scroll up.... I already said Larson, hands down

8/8/18, 4:26 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

Surprised that no one mentioned that Larson also was part of a team that won the 24 hours of Daytona. Now that is versatile.

1 member likes this post: duel
8/8/18, 4:57 PM   #10
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

How about Bobby Santos III? NASCAR Mods, Silver Crown, Wingless and Winged Sprints, Supers, Midgets and Stock Cars.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, turn4, Will Shunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best All-AroundDriver right now?