IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bryan clauson passes away after injuries sustained in
8/8/16, 8:22 PM   #41
Re: Usac: Bryan clauson passes away after injuries sustained
aka Liz

No unique words, no good words. Just profound sorrow at Bryan's passing. Prayers to his family, friends, and fans. Godspeed Champion...and thank you for sharing such a great talent with us all.

3 members like this post: fish, team3521, wildman92
8/8/16, 8:23 PM   #42
Rapid Rick

Bryan shared some time with my son and I at Terre Haute last month. So friendly and kind. No wonder he had legions of fans across this country. All of us with giant holes in our hearts today.

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, mc/rider, wildman92
8/8/16, 8:38 PM   #43
Rpracing1

God Speed BC! Won't be quite the same without you out there. Prayers to all families. Rest in peace.

8/8/16, 9:36 PM   #44
bni69

Words cannot express our deepest sympathy to the Clauson family at this time. As many have said, Bryan was doing what he loved and enjoyed. He was very passionate, not only about racing, but with his fans and friends. When at Gas City, he always took the time to say "hello" and always had a smile on his face--until race time and then the "racer" Bryan took over. As fans, any time Bryan was at the track, you could certainly guarantee he would find a way to get to the front of the field, battling for the win--and more often than not, he was right there with a podium finish.

May peace and comfort find you during this most difficult time. Bryan is a true champion!

"Those we love don't go away.....they walk beside us everyday." ~author unknown~

Jack Himelick, Jiggs Thomason, and past and present track staff of Gas City I-69 Speedway

5 members like this post: Dblchkrs, DirtHawk92, flagboy55, PIT CART, tubemaster
8/9/16, 12:04 AM   #45
jeffc5227

I finally completely broke down and cried like a child in front of my 13 year old daughter and her friend along with the wife. My son is at Knoxville and cried his guts out today at the Elk Grove hauler. I'm extremely thankful for this forum we are all a family and i appreciate all of you. I will never climb in a race car again with out thinking of Bryan and all of you my extended family..
Last edited by jeffc5227; 8/9/16 at 11:26 PM.

8/9/16, 6:49 PM   #46
racefanindy

Sincere condolences to his friends and family. The news of Bryan's passing hit me like it did when I heard that Rich Vogler had passed. I still can't fathom it. Two of the best ever. Never a dull moment when either of them was racing!

Watched BC run an awesome race at Gas City a few years ago during Indiana Sprint Week. I don't remember now if it was during a heat or the feature. The leader was hooked up on the bottom. BC was up high with his Right Rear just over the berm in turn two lap after lap. Then do a small wheelie as he gassed it back on to the backstretch. Just on the edge of control! Racing for the lead! It was awesome to watch!

The next night, Haubstadt was rained out for Sprint Week. My dad & I were at Eldora for the Kings Royal. I happened to see BC in the souvenir area and stopped him for a second. I told him that I was at Gas City the night before & was still blown away from watching that race! He kinda shrugged & said "Yeah, it was fun. It's what we do."

RIP Bryan.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, opnwhlmnd
8/9/16, 10:08 PM   #47
Danny Burton

I can't attach the file, but I'll try to cut and paste. Not much left for me to say for now.

To the Family of Bryan Clauson

First off, please know that now is not the time for the usual attempts at comforting such as “it was his time to go,” “at least you were able to watch him grow up,” “it’s God’s plan, not ours,” “at least he died doing what he loved,” “life is not fair,” “he’s in a better place,” or my favorite, “I know how you feel.” There might be a time in the future when such sentiments will mean more, but now is not that time. Now is the time to hurt, cry, feel sick and even figuratively shake your fist at God (who I firmly believe understands your pain). The sudden loss won’t be healed suddenly, if at all. And even if in time you are at all healed, the scars will remain to the end of your own days.

Cry if you must, be angry if you must and hurt as well. Just know that when there are no more tears, you will not be alone. Most certainly you will have the love, caring and support of literally thousands of people, most of whom never met Bryan personally but watched him from afar, anywhere from television to the bleachers to the pits. He made an impression on countless people he never met and be glad that it was no doubt a good one. In their own way, they hurt and grieve as well. They loved the young man that they would never really get to know because of both his accomplishments on the track and his behavior off the track. Long after the mainstream media has moved on to the next story, please know that Bryan’s friends and fans will continue to lift you up and pray that the healing process begin when it should.

Speaking as a father and grandfather, I can recall the last encounter between Bryan and my seven year old grandson. It may have been in the pit area of the Kokomo Speedway, either this year or last year, not that it matters. We were walking through the pits as we normally do, with no set plan in mind. I was people watching and Karston was as wide eyed then as he was when he first visited a pit area at a short track. Bryan approached us, which was nothing unusual. We were acquaintances and we usually said hi to each other when neither was engaged in conversation or otherwise busy. But as I recall, Bryan saw Karston first and had his hand out for a high five (or was it a low five?). Both grinned at each other.

At the time, I didn’t give it much thought. My grandson knows several of the drivers by sight and most by name. Bryan was one of those he knew well enough and he’s had several similar experiences with a group of drivers who appreciate the boy’s interest in what they do.

But now, thinking about it as I deal with this sudden loss of a fine young man, as well as the sinking feeling in my stomach, that brief encounter might go a long way in describing Bryan, not only as a public figure, liked, respected and admired, but perhaps showing that, no matter how famous he might be or become, there were kids all about him watching. And he seemed to be very aware of that. In the midst of the usual interviews he gave after a victory, one could see, if they looked, a decent young man who raced with a determination and ferocity seldom matched, but who came across as a literate, affable, and likable young man. The kind of young man you might want your grandson to watch and learn from.

My religious and spiritual beliefs tell me that there is no greater love than one who dies so others may live. Though it’s most certainly involuntary, Bryan’s last gift(s) will perhaps allow someone else, if not others, to live. This is true in a tangible way. A heart that began its existence in one body can now be transplanted to another, who shall live. At some point, this should be celebrated.

But please consider the intangibles. Consider Bryan’s competitive spirit, that desire along with those gifts he used to race and win against some of the most talented racers anywhere. Consider his kindness to those who felt like they knew him and he knew them, even though that couldn’t be so. Consider his willingness to use a good part of his off-track time to doing for others less fortunate. And finally consider his sense of family; he never seemed to stray from those basic values taught him at home.

The tears may stop at some point, at least externally. And at some point, we must begin to claim the memories and the Lord knows there are many. Most all of these memories will be, I trust and pray, good ones. And at some point, may you, Bryan’s family, be able to smile or even laugh through the tears. We’re not there yet, but we can hope that day will come in its own time.

We all must grieve in our own way and eventually move on. These words have been my primary way of dealing with this unspeakable tragedy. I can hope and pray that they, in some small way, can comfort you all at this time of trial and tribulation.

Danny Burton

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

8/10/16, 2:56 PM   #48
chathamracefan

This seems so personal even though I didn't know Bryan or his family. Have talked with Lauren a few times at t shirt trailer including at Kings Royal a few weeks ago. Between Chevy's twitter account updates & the Cushion shows they were doing (which were excellent), I felt like I knew everything that was going on with their lives.

2 members like this post: Bostonian, opnwhlmnd
8/10/16, 8:44 PM   #49
Wingman

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lson/88526786/

Another reason to Love this guy. RIP Champ.

6 members like this post: DirtHawk92, mc/rider, tdt636, TQ29m, wildman92, xoxide
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bryan clauson passes away after injuries sustained in