12/16/16, 8:58 PM   #13
Re: Port Royal Eastern Storm
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Buddy You forgot to add dusty
You people need to remember THAT is the only 1/2 mile during ISW and it is in the middle of July which is in the middle of summer in Indiana.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, K9Racer, Pat O'Connor Fan
12/16/16, 11:34 PM   #14
revjimk

Wingers & traditional on one night sounds good to me. I'm gonna try to go. Plus its a week later than previous years & maybe that will be luckier with weather
Only been going about 7 years & still don't really understand track prep or conditions, other than if its good or bad, but maybe I'll learn something.... they race both styles at Eldora on the same nite, right?

12/17/16, 2:30 AM   #15
treecitytornado

Yes, they do at Eldora in May the last few years. Plus the 4-Crown on the Saturday portion now and the Sprintacular in October.
Last edited by treecitytornado; 12/17/16 at 2:31 AM.

12/17/16, 12:18 PM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Yes, they do at Eldora in May the last few years. Plus the 4-Crown on the Saturday portion now and the Sprintacular in October.
Yep, I knew that, I was there for the 1st time this past summer. Track was good, but they took a 2 hr. delay for track prep.
Rhetorical question...

12/17/16, 3:41 PM   #17
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

OK here's my beef with adding the winged cars. Central PA fans can see winged 410's run from late Feb. until early November. Well over a 100 chances per season. We get a small hand full of USAC Sprints a year here. Why mess with what has been working the past 10 years?

12/17/16, 3:53 PM   #18
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowingsjeff View Post
How many races do they run each year at Port Royal? Hard to believe they can't run just one show a year without the tin. Winged cars will slick over the track & make the non wingers put on a bad show. Sorry Port Royal, you just lost my money as I'm not supporting your poor decision.
Wow ******** about more sprint car racing I've seen everything now

12/17/16, 4:29 PM   #19
JDFAST

I've seen more bad races on a heavy tacky track than on a wide slick track, but the cars are slower. One of the best races i ever saw was ISW at Brownstown. The track slicked over, couldn't do track prep as weather was coming, and the cars were at a snail pace. But I slaw 3 cars side by side battling for first and another cars 4-6 battling side by side. I liked it, maybe others didn't.

MY FAVORITE shows on the west coast are at Tulare Thunderbowl with the winged KOW 410 and 360 WC USAC. It's a wing area, and most fans come for the wings, but both divisions put on great shows most weekends if weather doesn't ruin the track ie TOO MUCH rain which seems to happen at their WOO shows. Don't hate this non wing fan of 45 years, typically the wing show is as good or better than wing show, but I HAVE SEEN SOME awesome non wing shows. Best weekend I ever saw, was Kyle Larson almost sweeping the double header two nights in a row. In the non wing, he crashed and had to use a backup car, started last in semi, transferred, started last in the main and won. The race he lost, he was winning going away and motor blew with about 5 laps to go and I think Rico won.

Hell, I might consider to flying to this race, would love to see the wings in PA and see USAC. Win win as fan, at least I hope one of the mains will be good (unless it rains and its too heavy )

12/17/16, 5:56 PM   #20
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSTINKINWINGS View Post
What Jeff is trying to make you understand is one discipline will most likely be adversely affecting the other. I'll let you figure which one.
I was seriously considering coming over for Eastern Storm 2017, last east swing for me was 2012. But the Wing & Non-Wing deal at Port Royal is a NO GO. Why the hell have Non-Wing (Traditional) Sprint Cars and Wing Sprint Cars TRY and race on the same track *? Two VERY different race cars that require different racing surfaces (Track Prep) to enable the BEST racing for each type of race car.

A good non-racer PR idea.................

I'll be giving it a miss.

*Folk will no doubt feel the urge to remind me of the Eldora deal. Well I've never been, and have little interest in going from the reports i have from those that have been (not the racing media). Bucket list's are one thing, BUT good racing is another. I'll stick with ISW and get what I want.

**I've never been to knoxville and have no interest of ever going. For Non-Wing Sprint Cars; Indiana & California are the deal with a few other states coming through.

No Wings, Just Ruts & Guts.

Non-Wing is the only Sprint Car Racing Formula worthy or calling RACING.

Those that get it, know it.

Last edited by Stephen Cording; 12/17/16 at 7:01 PM.

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, dirtnonwingfan, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Port Royal Eastern Storm