IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Fair coming through with PowerI?!
8/20/12, 11:45 AM   #1
DuQuoin Fair coming through with PowerI?!
davidphillips

The Southern Illinois Center which is located on the DuQuoin fair grounds is hosting PowerI midgets and Minis, Fri. 31st, and Sat. 1st. Indoor 1/6 mile dirt "air-conditioned" facility. Guaranteed to put on a better show than the mis-firing, over-heating, boring Silver Crown cars on the Magic Mile that Sun. the 2nd! For the past few years I was driving to TSS Speedway for a MSCS show instead of staying close for the DuQuoin 100 lapper, that's how bad it's been! Especially when it is $30 for the champ cars and $18 i believe @ TSS. And the PowerI race this year @ DuQuoin is $10!! Would be great to see PowerI take hold of the champ cars and give them a loving, affordable series?!...

8/20/12, 12:28 PM   #2
miledirt

Tickets are $20 in advance for Silver Crown show... I love the Powri midgets, and plan to be there next weekend. However, there is no way I would miss the champ cars on the mile under the lights! Can AJ Fike beat the big budget teams a second time within a few weeks?! Can Shane Cockrum keep that hotrod he had a Springfield on the track for the whole 100 laps, which was quickly moving up last Saturday?

Love your passion for Powri midgets, but could do without the ripping of champ cars of the mile. Just my two cents, but don't think we have to rip one series in order to promote another

Posted via Mobile Device

8/20/12, 2:03 PM   #3
Re: DuQuoin Fair coming through with PowerI?!
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I will be there to view those mis-firing, overheating, boring Silver Crown cars for the 48th consecutive year. Tickets are only $20 in advance. I attend the POWRi show in December at The Southern Illinois Center, but as long as there is outdoor racing I will attend that, not an indoor show. I hate to miss the Labor Day weekend show at TSS, as that is my home track, but the Silver Crown cars only race once a year, and I will make the 110 mile drive to the beautiful Magic Mile.
Also, there are two other major USAC races that weekend; sprint cars at Granite City on Aug. 31 and Terre Haute on Sept. 1. I will attend both of those as well.

2 members like this post: bmemmer, otispoole
8/20/12, 5:50 PM   #4
dirttrack87

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidphillips View Post
The Southern Illinois Center which is located on the DuQuoin fair grounds is hosting PowerI midgets and Minis, Fri. 31st, and Sat. 1st. Indoor 1/6 mile dirt "air-conditioned" facility. Guaranteed to put on a better show than the mis-firing, over-heating, boring Silver Crown cars on the Magic Mile that Sun. the 2nd! For the past few years I was driving to TSS Speedway for a MSCS show instead of staying close for the DuQuoin 100 lapper, that's how bad it's been! Especially when it is $30 for the champ cars and $18 i believe @ TSS. And the PowerI race this year @ DuQuoin is $10!! Would be great to see PowerI take hold of the champ cars and give them a loving, affordable series?!...
You're great for the sport and making it better. Not.

8/20/12, 6:08 PM   #5
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidphillips View Post

Miledirt is right, David. When you're trying to hype an event and you can't do so without saying what's good about that event, you're not doing that event any good. It either means it's just not that good of an event or you can't find the words to express what's good about it. Talking down competitors is something that always turns people off. And if you're from that area, you should know better than to trash the DuQuoin Silver Crown race. For many of the regulars of that event, that race is their favorite race they go to each year.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/20/12 at 6:15 PM.

1 member likes this post: ISF
8/20/12, 9:32 PM   #6
racephoto1

Sorry, but I'll take the Mile, here's why,

IMG_7851 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

America's most beautiful race cars, on America's most beautiful mile.

8/20/12, 11:19 PM   #7
sprntr

I attended both the Indoor show & the Ted Horn 100 a few years ago.
Both were good, enjoyable races.
But I'd rather watch racing outdoors on a summer night & since I practicaly have to drive right by the track, I'll do Angell Park Speedway for the Pepsi Nationals Saturday night. Nice halfway stop on our trip from the Twin Cities to DuQuoin with the added plus in that we only have half as far home if Mother Nature decides to wizz on our cornflakes!

steiny

1 member likes this post: ISF
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Fair coming through with PowerI?!