IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS Track Question
7/18/10, 11:44 AM   #1
TSS Track Question
Tim Watson

I watched the highlights from TSS and i was wondering what other track it resembles if any? The racing surface seems a bit like Kokomo and the track looks great. Looks like just as much seating on the backstretch as the front. Hopefully i get to see a show there sometime but that's a long haul for us cheeseheads.

7/18/10, 2:52 PM   #2
Re: TSS Track Question
ctsprintfanatic

I made my first trip to Kokomo last week, and I thought they were a lot alike.

7/18/10, 3:21 PM   #3
SprintManDave

Tss has a lot more banking than Kokomo,but their surfaces are similar.

7/18/10, 3:32 PM   #4
Pete166

I have not seen TSS in person , but from what i seen on the puter last night it resembles a paper clip style track, like Tulare in Ca ?

7/18/10, 3:44 PM   #5
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I watched the highlights from TSS and i was wondering what other track it resembles if any? The racing surface seems a bit like Kokomo and the track looks great. Looks like just as much seating on the backstretch as the front. Hopefully i get to see a show there sometime but that's a long haul for us cheeseheads.
Tim there is more seating on the backstretch because thats where reserved seating is above the regular seating The track surface is very simular to Kokomo;s but Haubstadt has higher banking in the turns Hope you come on down sometime and bring some of that horseredish cheese I keep hearing about

7/18/10, 6:25 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Tim,

As others have mentioned, the track surface is similar to Kokomo Speedway. The track itself isn't like anything in the midwest that I have seen. Tight turns with longer straights. Kokomo has more sweeping turns with shorter staights. Tri State has higher banking than Kokomo and the grandstands on the front and back have more seating. Both great tracks but not similar other than they are both listed as 1/4 mile.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/18/10, 8:06 PM   #7
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete166 View Post
I have not seen TSS in person , but from what i seen on the puter last night it resembles a paper clip style track, like Tulare in Ca ?
While TSS may resemble Tulare, it's actually quite a bit different. I've been to both tracks, and Tulare is bigger(3/8 vs. a 1/4), has higher banks, and narrower turns than TSS. And, IMO, the racing at TSS is better. Unless Tim Kaeding is coming from the back at Tulare!:2:

7/18/10, 8:12 PM   #8
Rpracing1

I think track has a capacity of around 5000 seats.

7/20/10, 10:36 PM   #9
Tim Watson

Thanks for all the info everybody. It's on our list of must see tracks, now we just need to make it happen.

7/21/10, 1:01 AM   #10
RGardner

Ya if you had to compare it to anything it would be tulare! With longer straights! Wish tulare would get rid of the huge berm and but the tires like tri state! Tss is a little wider all the way around!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Pete166
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS Track Question