IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase across 3 states ends in Utah - Tyler Walker
2/1/13, 7:56 PM   #51
sprinterfan

Thats all speculation whether there were A+ families in his path. Fact is, he hurt noone. Period.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/1/13, 8:03 PM   #52
Re: Chase across 3 states ends in Utah - Tyler Wal
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinterfan View Post
I personally hope he sobers up. Gets 12 more deals, comes back. Kicks everyone's a$$ again just to shut everyone up.

Everyone knows he's capable of doing it. Then what are ya all gonna say.

He's a gasser. Absolutely doing nothing to hurt anyone but himself. None of anyone's business.
This is one of the dumbest posts I ever read. Its everyones business that supports dirt track racing, everyone whom pays taxes, everyone who uses his sponsors products, ect. ect. Only a dumb%@$ would put him in a car.

3 members like this post: REH24, sw1911, Ty
2/1/13, 8:04 PM   #53
4wheelsinthekoosh

He hurt a lot of people. Every ride he got could have been given to someone that wouldn't have just wasted it on drugs.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/1/13, 8:13 PM   #54
DAD

"There but for the grace of God, go I"

4 members like this post: fish, Jonr, racephoto1, rataz
2/1/13, 8:45 PM   #55
Todd Kimmel

I have watched countless drivers throw away great opportunities because of drugs and alcohol while guys like myself and so many others sit on the sidelines and never catch the breaks those guys have. I know a lot of drivers that would give their left n*t to find a ride or catch the break all drivers need. That being said a lot of the guys caught have HUGE amounts of talent but also had HUGE amounts of money backing them. At the end of the day racing is about the all mighty dollar. Not talent. If Tyler cleans up his act...again...he will be right back in a car because of money.

2/1/13, 8:50 PM   #56
flatout

Quote:
I personally hope he sobers up. Gets 12 more deals, comes back. Kicks everyone's a$$ again just to shut everyone up.

Everyone knows he's capable of doing it. Then what are ya all gonna say.

He's a gasser. Absolutely doing nothing to hurt anyone but himself. None of anyone's business.
I can agree somewhat with your first statement. I truly hope he finds a path to sobriety. His life may very well be dependent upon it. The second part is very much of an enabler attitude. Who cares what he does as long as he can gas a sprint car. Life is bigger than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Why do so many posters have to turn the topic towards themselves? Jealous much?...

Judge not least ye be judged...

Posted via Mobile Device
It is not about judging. His actions have spoken for himself. He is an addict and he needs to come to terms with that. This is no different than a stick and ball sports figure who pisses it all away because they are affecting no one else other than themselves. Would you want to be on track with him not knowing what he is on?

Quote:
Thats all speculation whether there were A+ families in his path. Fact is, he hurt noone. Period.

Posted via Mobile Device
We don't live in a vacumn. Our actions do affect those around us. He is damn lucky he was in the middle of BFE otherwise we could be seeing much worse headlines. Additionally, I really can't cheer for someone like him in his current state. Like it or not, these guys are role models for kids and no amount of bravado on the track can make up for running from the cops while on meth. This is one area NASCAR has right.

His actions have shown that he is an addict and has struggled with addiction. He needs help but him behind the wheel of a sprintcar is not going to solve those issues. Only he can do that with the right help and then the hard part starts....staying sober. As much as I would like to jump on the bandwagon of silverspoon life, this is one area that priviledge is not a positive. This will require hard work from himself to be truly clean and is something that money can't buy.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, sw1911
2/1/13, 8:51 PM   #57
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
He already made bail.

Say what you will, he's a good driver. Made it through 3 states with 5-0 chasin him!

Posted via Mobile Device
Yea that something I would want on my resume. Tyler was a good driver on the track, but how many lives did he endanger in this escapade. How many chances should a person as Tyler receive?

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

2/1/13, 8:55 PM   #58
racephoto1

I've known Tyler a long time, since his first time here in the late 90's driving pavement at Winchester. I've watched his ups and downs on more than 1 occasion , in fact a few.

I always liked him when he was younger, because he was a Gasser . I was at Duquoin the night he flatfooted it all the way around that mile, and I'll never forget it.

I also remember the 4 Crown in 2006 confronting him on his drug use. I asked him if he was clean, and told him the truck deal was his last best chance. He said he was, he lied.

As time has gone by I've watched his sheer stupidity, to be polite, in destroying himself and his God given talents. I've watched as it's affected his friends and team mates,(KKR comes to mind), and the large black eye he's given the sport.

You feel bad the first time it happens, but to do it continually, you realize he's a fool. No apologies, no remorse, just a total fool.

I have no sympathy for a junkie in the gutter, and none for this one.He is what he is.

5 members like this post: Bluteam, DaveP63, luckybuc97, racer5c, sw1911
2/1/13, 9:44 PM   #59
Jonr

After reading this thread, I have a couple of thoughts.

I did not know that there were so many people on IOW living in glass houses. People on this board speak like they do not have a family member/friend/schoolmate that has never been to jail, never been on drugs, or never been called an alcoholic. Tyler is an extreme example of someone having a bad time, but if we look in our inner circles we all probably can find someone we know that has a similiar type issue.

People bash Danica all of the time because many people think that she is all marketing and no talent. Yet, many of those same people are now bashing Tyler, who is the other end of the extreme. No (bad) marketing but a lot of talent. Are we going to reward talent or not? Are we going to hate on the marketing or is it no big deal.

Finally, many people on this board have accepted Shane Hmeil as one of our own. Shane's story is very similiar to Tyler's. The number of drivers kicked out of NASCAR for drug use is a very small club.

6 members like this post: dkdorkboy, fish, jjsprt92, LocalYokel, mod4s, sprinterfan
2/1/13, 9:55 PM   #60
jgasson54fan

I don't agree with what he has done but it is what it is... Who am I to judge! Hope he fixes his problems and becomes the man we all know he can be! One thing I agree with is he definitely endangered a lot of lives on that chase.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase across 3 states ends in Utah - Tyler Walker