IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Good driver wanting to race for someone
8/31/09, 10:09 PM   #1
Good driver wanting to race for someone
garrett abrams

Hello everyone, I am Garrett Abrams. I have been racing since the age of five years old. I have won in every racing series that I have raced in, and have been successful in micro sprint across Indiana. I have a small sponsor of Culver's right now, but do not have enough money to make it out of micro sprints. I believe I am a good enough driver to move up to full midgets or to sprint cars. I have grown up racing with Bryan Clauson and Dakoda Armstrong in quarter midgets, and seen them move up to bigger forms of racing but I couldn't because my family could not afford it. I have never had the best cars or motors, but have always done good in racing. I have tried to talk to people in sprint cars, but only know the Armstrong family and Tim Clauson. If anyone can help me in anyway it would be gratly appriciated. Maybe info about racing teams that already have cars, but need drivers and a sponsor. I can talk to people and try to get more sponsorship, but need a car to drive. I know I am not only the only driver that has a money problem and cannot afford racing, but I want to move on to bigger cars and see how I can do with the big dogs. It will take awhile to get use to them if I ever get a chance to race one, but I am confident I would be able to get better and better with more seat time in one.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Garrett Abrams

8/31/09, 10:20 PM   #2
Re: Good driver wanting to race for someone
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett abrams View Post
hello everyone, i am garrett abrams. I have been racing since the age of five years old. I have won in every racing series that i have raced in, and have been successful in micro sprint across indiana. I have a small sponsor of culver's right now, but do not have enough money to make it out of micro sprints. I believe i am a good enough driver to move up to full midgets or to sprint cars. I have grown up racing with bryan clauson and dakoda armstrong in quarter midgets, and seen them move up to bigger forms of racing but i couldn't because my family could not afford it. I have never had the best cars or motors, but have always done good in racing. I have tried to talk to people in sprint cars, but only know the armstrong family and tim clauson. If anyone can help me in anyway it would be gratly appriciated. Maybe info about racing teams that already have cars, but need drivers and a sponsor. I can talk to people and try to get more sponsorship, but need a car to drive. I know i am not only the only driver that has a money problem and cannot afford racing, but i want to move on to bigger cars and see how i can do with the big dogs. It will take awhile to get use to them if i ever get a chance to race one, but i am confident i would be able to get better and better with more seat time in one.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
garrett abrams
good luck

9/1/09, 2:47 AM   #3
I Miss Manzy

Garrett, You sound like a sincere young man and I wish you luck in your search. Don't give up.Remember,Carl Edwards got his ride with Jack Roush through his classified ad in National Speed Sport News.

9/1/09, 8:42 AM   #4
Shawn

From what I know of him, Garrett is a nice kid, plus he has some talent. Good luck, Garrett.

9/1/09, 4:03 PM   #5
Jack Dupp

Quote:
Remember,Carl Edwards got his ride with Jack Roush through his classified ad in National Speed Sport News.
As a teenager Carl toured the pits of St Louis area dirt tracks introducing himself and handing out business cards.
It worked for Carl, it can work for you.

Best of luck!

9/1/09, 5:51 PM   #6
tqracer65

Having watched Garrett race from the early quarter midget days to the micro this summer, he can drive that is for sure. He has some pretty good stats in the micro as well. He needs a chance and hopefully somebody will give him a chance, he WONT disappoint you im sure.

Brad

9/1/09, 9:40 PM   #7
martz32

Garrett is a great kid. It would be cool to see him get an opportunity.

9/1/09, 10:36 PM   #8
spicoli

Hey Sport, why no contact info?

9/2/09, 3:39 PM   #9
garrett abrams

email: garrett_abrams@hotmail.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Good driver wanting to race for someone