IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
duel (Offline)
  #1 1/13/20 10:02 PM
Any live audio of the Chili bowl? Seems a little steep what they want to watch. I get a whole season of usac for about the same as 5.5 days of this indoor event.
5 Likes: 1021gpa, interpreter66, rimrider69, tirespinner, Will Shunk
ossuks (Offline)
  #2 1/14/20 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by duel:
Any live audio of the Chili bowl? Seems a little steep what they want to watch. I get a whole season of usac for about the same as 5.5 days of this indoor event.
You get The Chili Bowl for the price of 1 night in a Motel. I get that it is a little pricey, and $150 means what to who? When I was younger I would not even give it a thought, no way. Now that I'm older, $150 is an after thought for 5 nights in my home watching an Event!
3 Likes: duel, FEATHERDUSTER, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #3 1/14/20 8:53 PM
Duel, I’m with you. I’m working nights this week and would be listening while on the job. I’m sure I’m not the only race fan that has to work different shifts. I applaud Dirtvision and USAC for supplying free live audio, it does nothing except help keep the fans happy. I get some think video might give people a reason not to come to the track, but audio will not. Hopefully more will follow the aforementioned
2 Likes: duel, PIT CART
duel (Offline)
  #4 1/15/20 1:31 AM
I do like live radio/audio. I have a friend that lives by it. More to the imagination. Ossuks, I almost think in reverse of you but great point. I now have a family (late start) and am recently retired. I would spend anything I had left to travel to a sprint race when I was young. I think floracing just spoiled me last year for streaming $$. Tv or audio is no substitute for being there live. Can' wait for 2020 season. Hoping to make Ocala usac shows.
2 Likes: dirt330, i love dirt track racing