IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Unique Event
12/5/19, 10:11 AM   #1
A Unique Event
cmakin

It isn't Indiana, and it isn't dirt (although the plan is to use dirt cars), but it IS open wheel, and both drivers testing in the video are known to Indiana fans. . . . I am REALLY looking forward to this event. https://www.facebook.com/texasshortt...1oqRpI&__xts__[0]

Sorry about the Facebook link. I will update when I get a general version.
Last edited by cmakin; 12/5/19 at 10:12 AM.

12/5/19, 10:37 AM   #2
flagboy55

Ultimately, there’s never been a need to have separate cars for each discipline. I witnessed first hand how the same car was used for both dirt and pavement. Requiring 2 or more cars, specifically for each surface, I believe led to the decline of pavement sprints. Then when given the choice, dirt track almost always wins. I wish them luck with this series

5 members like this post: cmakin, erich45, interpreter66, Ken Bonnema, Sprint8586
12/5/19, 11:03 AM   #3
Re: A Unique Event
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Ultimately, there’s never been a need to have separate cars for each discipline. I witnessed first hand how the same car was used for both dirt and pavement. Requiring 2 or more cars, specifically for each surface, I believe led to the decline of pavement sprints. Then when given the choice, dirt track almost always wins. I wish them luck with this series
Nathan (Moore) has done VERY well with is Elite Series. He was inspired by the non wing racing that we saw when he came up to Indiana some years ago. He had over 50 cars at one event last year. He will also be having a wing car test next year, too. His series has an open motor rule.

12/5/19, 11:15 AM   #4
Tony74

That looks like it would be a pretty quick track, hopefully they are very diligent in safety checking chassis's/wheels pavement is much tougher on equipment.

12/5/19, 12:51 PM   #5
interpreter66

New track open wheel cars it’s all good👍

12/5/19, 12:58 PM   #6
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
New track open wheel cars it’s all good👍
The track has been around for awhile. When I first moved to Houston in the late 80s, it was a dirt track, Big H Speedway. It was paved in the 90s. This will be the first open wheel event (other than Thunder Roadsters in the past) since being paved.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Unique Event