IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown thoughts
9/21/15, 10:51 PM   #1
4 crown thoughts
flagboy55

Well my favorite event of the year is upon us. I love the 4 crown and was at the first one and been to most of them since. I'll ask your wisdom on picks later but, would like to know if there are any other fans that look forward to it as much as I do? Love to hear your opinion on the event. The only bad thing about it is it kinda throws the white flag on Midwest racing season. Iow fans, let me know your thoughts on the 4 crown nationals!

1 member likes this post: Johnewill
9/21/15, 11:29 PM   #2
addictedtodirt

Love the event. Hate the lack of track prep. After the WoO show they seem to let the track go leading to dry slick conditions even before qualifying. And yea, I'll be there in spite of the conditions.....it is the only night to catch all 3 series.

4 members like this post: billw, Charles Nungester, FALCONEDDIE, flagboy55
9/22/15, 12:05 AM   #3
LEADERS EDGE

The people who will be there will watch one of USACs all time greats turn what are most likely his last laps at Eldora.

9/22/15, 12:54 AM   #4
monkeyboy

Hewitt ran last year.

1 member likes this post: dlhewitt
9/22/15, 6:46 AM   #5
treecitytornado

I think Scott is talking about Tracy Hines!

1 member likes this post: dirtball
9/22/15, 6:51 AM   #6
Re: 4 crown thoughts
Dyno Don

I wish they would go back to the original format. Practice and qualifying on Friday, heats and semis on Saturday and run four features on Sunday afternoon. That was a great weekend. No late night endings and I was home by 5:30 on Sunday.(Live in Indy)

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, mlamb, speed bump, TrevorMoody9, v8j
9/22/15, 7:09 AM   #7
flagboy55

That was fun Don. I don't see that happening again unless you go back to the days when they had 40 plus sprint cars, 30 plus big cars and midgets. They can always get enough mods. Unfortunately the midget count has not been up to snuff, but fortunately it hasn't hurt the quality of the racing.
Is Tracy talking about hanging out up? Always been a fan of his and he has always been real good at Eldora

9/22/15, 7:15 AM   #8
flagboy55

I also agree with you guys about the track prep or lack thereof. We got lucky last year as mother nature helped out with rain in the afternoon. I was there a couple weeks ago for the world 100, and even though the track wasn't heavy the track took the cushion up to the fence. It raced a lot more like vintage Eldora, where the fast way was round the top with sliders all over the place

1 member likes this post: cleatziff
9/22/15, 7:23 AM   #9
stif racing

I think your in for a surprise this year in track prep. It's a dam if you dam if don't thing, if they go out and rework during the show to make it better all you hear is we didn't pay to see a tractor show. Just see how it goes this year

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART
9/22/15, 7:32 AM   #10
Re: 4 crown thoughts
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

I looking forward to going to my 1st 4 crown been talking about going for years just never made the trip. Should be a blast being around my racing family! Let the track prep issue go guys! Your At A Racetrack don't get any better than that! Have fun everyone because I know that I will!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown thoughts