IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need some help for my article on saturday
4/10/14, 11:25 PM   #1
Need some help for my article on saturday
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Ok I need everyones help here, only those who have been to Bloomington Speedway, either as a racer, or a fan. For the lead in to my story for the newspaper on saturday, I need you to reply back with the answer to these questions. And ill pick out the best ones for the paper.
1. When did you start coming to Bloomington Speedway
2. What is your favorite thing about Bloomington Speedway (Favorite Class, memory, or anything)

If ya could , at the end of your answers, leave your name, and where youre from incase yours are selected.

i appreciate the help! Thank you!

4/11/14, 6:35 AM   #2
Re: Need some help for my article on saturday
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Ok I need everyones help here, only those who have been to Bloomington Speedway, either as a racer, or a fan. For the lead in to my story for the newspaper on saturday, I need you to reply back with the answer to these questions. And ill pick out the best ones for the paper.
1. When did you start coming to Bloomington Speedway
2. What is your favorite thing about Bloomington Speedway (Favorite Class, memory, or anything)

If ya could , at the end of your answers, leave your name, and where youre from incase yours are selected.

i appreciate the help! Thank you!
Number 1. So long ago I can not remember.

Number 2. The beautiful red clay and well groomed in field

Don Bartlett, Indianapolis

4/11/14, 1:42 PM   #3
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Number 1. 1985

Number 2. The always competitive field of cars throughout the classes, being able to view the races from the comfort of my lawnchair, socializing with my friends, the friendly ticket sellers/takers.

Ronald Miller
Evansville, IN

4/11/14, 2:48 PM   #4
PAW

Early 70's

Ice Cream

Dale Petts
Indy.

4/11/14, 2:57 PM   #5
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

Once a year for the past 5 years when I come out for the 500.

Why, NON-WINGED SPRINTS, NON-WINGED SPRINTS, NON-WINGED SPRINTS!!!!!! /don't get me wrong, I still like the Eastern Winged sprints over the modified cars, but I hope some day they take the wings off like ARDC midgets did a few years ago. We will be there again the Friday before the 500, when I retire I am coming out for Indiana Sprint and Midget week.
Steve Peters, Lansdale, PA (30 miles N of Philadelphia)

4/11/14, 7:08 PM   #6
midgy

1. Early 80s
2. My favorite thing was when the World of Outlaws came in. Looking forward to September.

Lisa Lengerich
Brookville, Ohio

4/11/14, 7:38 PM   #7
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Thanks everyone
Last edited by Chris Nunn; 4/11/14 at 7:40 PM.

4/11/14, 9:28 PM   #8
sp6967

1.when did I start going to Bloomington speedway? - when a pit pass and ticket prices were cheaper.
2. what my favorite thing about Bloomington speedway is? - higher pit pass prices and higher tickets.

4/11/14, 9:52 PM   #9
sp6967

but I did forget the purse increased.

4/11/14, 10:02 PM   #10
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
1.when did I start going to Bloomington speedway? - when a pit pass and ticket prices were cheaper.
2. what my favorite thing about Bloomington speedway is? - higher pit pass prices and higher tickets.
Guess they could park all the track working equipment as gas and diesel prices are probably 4x what they were in this era you are talking about, that should save them some money. Chris was looking for constructive input from true race fans and you come in with your negativity to drag this thread down like others do on all the other threads. Good job sir you have done what you came to accomplish.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need some help for my article on saturday