IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danger everyone must read scamers
9/9/13, 9:26 PM   #1
Danger everyone must read scamers
fenixfire81

there is some danger out there folks people are trying to buy your stuff with pay pal (which is a good thing it protects everyone involved) but then they tell you there from new zeland or somewhere far away and need to send you more money than your asking like in my case ($950) that needs to be sent wester union to a shipping company because the cant for whatever reason then you will receive a email that looks to be from pay pal saying you recived payment but cant release it untill you sent the money to the shipping agent this is a SCAM as i seen nothing in my pay pal account saying ive recived paymet so i called pay pal and they confirmed its a scam do not fall for this kind of thing your accout with pay pal will tell you these thing not email, but in the past ive bought and sold with pay pal, and have sold and shipped engines to Australia dont be discouraged to use pay pal or sell over seas just make sure you are reciveing a payment and dont be afraid to call pay pal and check with them.
the emails they used with me are robertwall1660@outlook.com that they used to try and set evetything up with then the fake pay pal emails came from serviceccareaccount@in.com and the shipping agent i was to send $950 to is Agent's Info:
Sonia Villamar
300 Cooper Street
Brooklyn,NY,11237,USA
United State.
SO PLEASE ALL DONT FALL FOR THIS

6 members like this post: bc22, BigD, dirtshirt, interpreter66, Red Hat, tim brown
9/10/13, 12:17 AM   #2
Re: Danger everyone must read scamers
Jerry Spencer

Thank you for the info

Jerry #66j

9/10/13, 7:05 AM   #3
Dyno Don

I to had a scam problem with PaY PaL. There was a charge against my account of 45lbs. and when there was not enough money to cover the charge, they tapped my Visa card. I did not know my Visa card was linked to my PaY PaL account. I do have a checking account linked to PaY PaL so I can transfer funds to my checking account.

Long story short, both Visa and Pay PaL made things right and I did not lose any money.

9/10/13, 10:21 AM   #4
TQ29m

This is nothing new, I've been buying and selling on Ebay for about 13yrs now, and you run across all kinds of things, about 4 yrs ago, I kept a buyer on the hook, while the FBI tracked him down, he even sent me the bank ck, on a California bank, looked real, was real, except it was on a persons account who wasn't aware what was going on. It took about 4 months, and I kept him hooked, then one day I got a call, from the FBI, thanking me, and telling me the outcome of the arrest, he is now doing time at RFD 2, and the amount on the ck was 20K, which made the time he'll do a lot longer. You can't be greedy, or gullible, you have to think, and not be trusting of someone you don't know, especially when it comes to money, I had enough experience with this sort of thing while I was in DC, in the Military, in a CIC group. Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely isn't! Bob

5 members like this post: BigD, dirtball, Phylo82, PIT CART, racephoto1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danger everyone must read scamers