IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT - Restaurants in the Southwest
10/28/13, 8:07 PM   #1
OT - Restaurants in the Southwest
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I stumbled across an excellent breakfast place in Phoenix, U. S. Egg (www.useggrestaurant.com). This joins Manual's Mexican restaurant (www.manualsstore.com) on my favorites list in Phoenix. If you are out here I don't think you will be disappointed with either. On the way to Perris, Grandma's Country Kitchen in Banning CA is one of my favorites in the country. It is at 2868 West Ramsey Street in Banning. Take the 22nd street exit off I-10, then the first left on Ramsey. Food so good you will think they are keeping your grandmother in the kitchen cooking, along with excellent, friendly service, large quantities and great prices. Johnny Russo's Italian Kitchen just down the street at 135 West Ramsey is also excellent.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good restaurant in Hemet CA (15-20 miles from Perris)? I found none last year. I would also appreciate suggestions for Yuma AZ.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
10/28/13, 9:26 PM   #2
OT - Restaurants in the Southwest!!.......
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Sorry Frank!!...not much help to ya in Yuma,while I was there 2 yrs,couple yrs ago....did mostly fuel stops!!!!....get off I-8 @ 16th/US 95,left headin west bout 4 lites to 4th!!...thats main drag turning left thru big curve back out towards foothills past airport!!...eventually deadends into I-8...lota Mexican resturants in Yuma!!..look 4ya again @Pas'......

10/28/13, 10:05 PM   #3
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
I stumbled across an excellent breakfast place in Phoenix, U. S. Egg (www.useggrestaurant.com). This joins Manual's Mexican restaurant (www.manualsstore.com) on my favorites list in Phoenix. If you are out here I don't think you will be disappointed with either. On the way to Perris, Grandma's Country Kitchen in Banning CA is one of my favorites in the country. It is at 2868 West Ramsey Street in Banning. Take the 22nd street exit off I-10, then the first left on Ramsey. Food so good you will think they are keeping your grandmother in the kitchen cooking, along with excellent, friendly service, large quantities and great prices. Johnny Russo's Italian Kitchen just down the street at 135 West Ramsey is also excellent.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good restaurant in Hemet CA (15-20 miles from Perris)? I found none last year. I would also appreciate suggestions for Yuma AZ.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Years ago went to Grandma's and got turkey. Came with a grayish/green gravy that tasted just like you would think grayish/green gravy would taste . Have never been back.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, interpreter66
10/29/13, 12:41 AM   #4
Re: OT - Restaurants in the Southwest
coondog

Frank,

When I was driving for Hoffman, we ate at a place every night in Hemet. Lets see, it started with a D. Oh yeah, Denny's. So, no, sorry. Can't help ya. But there was a bar at that Denny's so you could have a beer with your late night breakfast. There's always a positive.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, dirtnonwingfan, interpreter66
10/29/13, 2:01 AM   #5
dirtnonwingfan

Thanks Jerry. Good to know that I will be able to recognize the name of the place and they serve something which might make the food taste better. Too funny. Thanks for making my night a little brighter.

10/29/13, 6:37 AM   #6
jontheturboguy

Any one tell me what the name of the restaurant was / is out there by Manzy that is a working ranch with 3 things on the menu? I remember it was up on "signal hill" or something..... awesome food.

10/29/13, 8:18 AM   #7
racerdon

Race Count This Year: 20
Race Count Last Year: 52

Yuma, Az., Daybreakers Café, US 8 & Fortuna Rd., behind Barrn'y Gas.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, dirtnonwingfan
10/29/13, 11:28 AM   #8
Scott Daloisio

For those coming to The PAS for the Oval Nationals, here are a few places to consider. First a couple of our advertisers. "Harry's Cafe" is on the same street and about 2 miles west of the track. Good food and extremely good pricing. A lot of the racers, officials and track workers eat there. Looking for a beer? "Racer's Pub" in Riverside has been sponsoring racers and races for decades. They have been a sponsor of not only The PAS, but USAC/CRA star David Cardey for your years. Their moto is, "Coldest Beer - Hottest Bartenders. They are located at 3847 Pierce Street in Riverside.

Want a great sandwich in the middle of the day? "D'Elia's Grinders" in Riverside is known throughout Southern California for their tremendous grinders. The bread (homemade on the premisis) is absolutley amazing. They are in Riverside, 15 or 20 minutes from the track. http://www.deliasgrinders.com/

Want to spend some bucks? "Flemming's Steakhouse" at Victoria's Gardens has some of the best food in So. Cal. and by far the best steaks. http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/ Not cheap by any means, but always great. 7905 Monet Avenue Rancho Cucamonga. By the way, there are several other fine restaurants at Victoria Gardens (about 30 minutes from the track) including "Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que." http://www.lucillesbbq.com/ There is another Lucille's as well in Temecula (30 south of the track) at 40748 Winchester Rd. Staying on barbecue, there are two "Original Roadhouse Grill's" nearby. http://www.originalroadhousegrill.com/locations.html One is in Riverside at 3838 Tyler Street and the other is in Temecula at 26440 Ynez Road. If you enjoy ribs, try the bison ribs at the "Roadhouse Grill." They are the best ribs I have eaten anywhere.

Here are a couple reccomendations for my favorites at the track. Bacon wrapped jalepeno's stuffed with cream cheese. They are out of this world. Word of caution if you are a sensitive eater, they can be spicey! Also, at The PAS for the Oval Nationals there will not only will be sprint car racing stars, but also the Hollywood Legend "Pink's Hot Dogs." Pink's has been located at the same spot in Hollywood since 1939. One advantage at getting them at The PAS is the line is much shorter. In Hollywood, the line is usually 30 minutes long minumim and you never know who you will be in line with from movie & tv stars to famous athletes. At The PAS, the Pink's line is usually 5 minutes at longest and we can guarantee you that you will be surrounded by hardcore race fans. Here is the Pink's website. http://www.pinkshollywood.com/
Last edited by Scott Daloisio; 10/29/13 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Left out the Pink's link

1 member likes this post: rachasin
10/29/13, 11:52 AM   #9
dirtnonwingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdon View Post
Yuma, Az., Daybreakers Café, US 8 & Fortuna Rd., behind Barrn'y Gas.
Thanks a lot. I will be sure to go there.

10/29/13, 12:39 PM   #10
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

In Yuma I went to Browwnies on 4 thAve for breakfast, lot of food
little old time café.
Last edited by rachasin; 10/29/13 at 1:07 PM.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT - Restaurants in the Southwest