IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #11 7/25/22 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:

Also I like Ballou but the poor me stuff from him and his supporters gets old and do not help his cause.
More so his supporters. I like Robert too. His so called supporters make him look bad. They care nothing about him, it's a just an extension of their " the whole world is wrong except me mentality." Then they try to make Robert their martyr. It doesn't help him at all, if anything it probably hurts.
3 Likes: fish, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #12 7/25/22 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
More so his supporters. I like Robert too. His so called supporters make him look bad. They care nothing about him, it's a just an extension of their " the whole world is wrong except me mentality." Then they try to make Robert their martyr. It doesn't help him at all, if anything it probably hurts.
Wow, so your grouping all Ballou fans into one group? Not Bias there too much are ya Bro. You know nothing about me, so maybe your the one with “ the whole world is wrong except me mentality “? I don’t think a Ballou fan threw a bottle out on the track at GC. Those weren’t Ballou fans running up to the fence to flip him off. We all see things differently and should respect the fact that we agree to disagree. We’re all here for the same reason because we love the sport. I’m not a fan of all drivers, but I’ve got friends who are fans of a few of the ones I’m not a fan of. We’re still friends and have great time. I don’t judge a stranger because they are wearing the shirt of a driver I don’t like. And to say his fans don’t care about him, come on

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
10 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, Dougherty20, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART, progressive22, racenut69, yeleyfan76
streetglider (Offline)
  #13 7/25/22 1:11 PM
10.30 Assault or Battery – Any person that goes into another competitor’s pit area or car and becomes involved in any type of
altercation will be subject to disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points and/or any other action deemed
appropriate by USAC.

Brent-
These are the RULES of USAC. They aren't my rules !!!!!! The rules should apply to ALL competitors, its not a conspiracy fella!
12 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Gene Franckowiak, Kansasdirtfan, Leohr46, luckybuc97, PIT CART, Pitdad, progressive22, racenut69, snowdrift, TNRustler, Will Shunk
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #14 7/25/22 1:18 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Wow, so your grouping all Ballou fans into one group? Not Bias there too much are ya Bro. You know nothing about me, so maybe your the one with “ the whole world is wrong except me mentality “? I don’t think a Ballou fan threw a bottle out on the track at GC. Those weren’t Ballou fans running up to the fence to flip him off. We all see things differently and should respect the fact that we agree to disagree. We’re all here for the same reason because we love the sport. I’m not a fan of all drivers, but I’ve got friends who are fans of a few of the ones I’m not a fan of. We’re still friends and have great time. I don’t judge a stranger because they are wearing the shirt of a driver I don’t like. And to say his fans don’t care about him, come on
Well Bro, I agree with you partially. Those were not Ballou fans booing him. It was a can that was thrown on the track, not a bottle. I am the one who said that person should have been arrested. I really meant that. I personally like all the drivers. I just want to see a good race. I just think the fans that defend Robert whether he is right or wrong, don't really help his bottom line. Just for the record, I haven't said a bad word about Robert. I felt bad for him. He finally starts up front, and his car isn't handling well. Usually he starts in the back and is the hard charger. Hope the rest of the week is safe for everybody.
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, fish, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #15 7/25/22 1:21 PM
Originally Posted by streetglider:
10.30 Assault or Battery – Any person that goes into another competitor’s pit area or car and becomes involved in any type of
altercation will be subject to disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points and/or any other action deemed
appropriate by USAC.

Brent-
These are the RULES of USAC. They aren't my rules !!!!!! The rules should apply to ALL competitors, its not a conspiracy fella!
So if he gets a fine, then that covers it. Have you ever seen anyone suspended for something like that before? Of course, I never really saw something quite like that.
2 Likes: oppweld, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #16 7/25/22 1:26 PM
One more question. I was at Haubstadt several years ago. Robert went after Daron Clayton in victory lane. Did the MSCS suspend him? Was it because his wife at the time was the MSCS scorer, or was it because they didn't deem it necessary?. My guess is they didn't deem it necessary. Why no conspiracy theories then?
5 Likes: fish, Honest-Sam, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, tirespinner
streetglider (Offline)
  #17 7/25/22 2:09 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
So if he gets a fine, then that covers it. Have you ever seen anyone suspended for something like that before? Of course, I never really saw something quite like that.
1.Stay on topic there Brent. The subject here is USAC rulebook, not MSCS. I can't speak on MSCS rules as I'm not privy to their rulebook.

2. Have you ever seen someone suspended for a TWEET (other than Ballou) ?
7 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Honest-Sam, Hubie48, PIT CART, progressive22, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #18 7/25/22 3:07 PM
I would think Leary being embarrassed on video with two lame drop kicks to the side of a full containment seat would be punishment enough. Maybe he needs to go to the A-Aron Reutzel school of two wheeler throwing.

The sport needs the emotion showed while the adrenaline is flowing instead of the cookie cutter name my three thousand sponsors interview.

My take on the two Ballou incidents:

I thought he could have left a lane open for Brady and think he meant to but spun the tires and got sideways into Brady.

I thought he took a giant push on the bottom and Leary also came off the top to try and hit the moisture that was in the middle coming off turn four and they hit.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, tirespinner, Will Shunk
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #19 7/25/22 3:17 PM
I remember a few years back at Kokomo. Windom taking a couple swings at someone in victory lane ceremony and ended up clocking Levi. No suspension there. Was that because His GF was Flo Girl then?

Sure glad Drake isn't someone's GF

P.S. I got nothing against anyone of them or their GF's. A drivers wife or whatever working with USAC has happened for years. I remember getting a pit pass at THAT and Mrs. D was the seller.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: chrismattlin, cornerthree, fish
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #20 7/25/22 4:19 PM
Lot’s of different perspective and points on the topic. I will say one thing I do agree with Brent on is a fine and probation would suffice. No penalty at all is inappropriate in my opinion. But let’s get some more racing in with all our racers and hopefully some more drama, because it’s surely entertaining.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Longtime sprinter, tirespinner, Will Shunk