IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question for David M
7/29/16, 9:02 PM   #1
Question for David M
TQ29m

In your travels, did you ever get to the Marlboro Raceway? I was in DC in the early 60's, and we went there quite often, really a great place back then, I see it is closed, and pretty much done except for hunting! Just curious, Bob

7/29/16, 11:12 PM   #2
Re: Question for David M
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
In your travels, did you ever get to the Marlboro Raceway? I was in DC in the early 60's, and we went there quite often, really a great place back then, I see it is closed, and pretty much done except for hunting! Just curious, Bob
Marlboro closed when I was pretty small never got to see it in action. Some pretty cool history took place there on both the oval and road course.

1 member likes this post: fish
7/30/16, 8:51 AM   #3
Re: Question for David M
TQ29m

Had I known where I was going to be, I wouldn't have sold my racing equipment, I coulda run there every weekend, with something, go-kart, my Austin Healey/Chevy V8 powered road racer. We were also pretty close to US 30 Dragway, in York, Pa, went there a lot too, one of the Chevy sponsors of one of the hot dogs Dealership was just down the street from my Apt, they were good help on the Healey also. Good times back then. Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question for David M