IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Outlaws at Hartford
7/25/16, 7:04 AM   #1
Outlaws at Hartford
flagboy55

Planning on running up to Hartford Friday for the world of outlaws. I was wondering what the field might look like after the regulars. Looks like the All Stars are heading east so unlikely any of those guys will show. Haven't paid too much attention to SOD, not sure how many of them run 410s. Like to hear some of your thoughts.

7/25/16, 8:06 AM   #2
MIracing

Good question. There is a GLSS race that night so that takes away your Michigan guys that run 360 and 410. Daggett and Ridenour are 1-2 in GLSS points.

I expect maybe 2 sod guys.

Lamberson should be there and Mackey. Maybe Quentin Blonde. I doubt you'd see Zimmerman. That's about it for SOD and Michigan guys.

Problem is you have ascoc in PA, Fast at Attica, MOWA and NSL running. That's going to take alot of travelers from Ohio and Indiana. I hope I'm wrong though.

7/25/16, 8:10 AM   #3
MIracing

The 3G I think would be there but not sure who driving. Maybe Jamie Veal as he seems to run the WoO local stuff. Joe Swanson. None of these confirmed just guesses.

7/25/16, 11:29 AM   #4
Re: Outlaws at Hartford
Stevensville Mike

I expect this to be a fan inversion night. We'll pay more $$$ to see less cars. I'll be there nonetheless. They'll still draw a good crowd.

Also, remember there is a no carry-in beer policy for that night at Hartford. I am sure they will put up the beer kiosk.

Saturday Night will be a three-way split up here - SOD at Crystal, GLSS at Merritt, and Open Sprints at Butler.

You know, flagboy, WoO is racing at Wilmot Raceway the next night. I don't know what part of IN you are coming up from, but with the IRA off Saturday Night, car count should be real good there, I imagine.

Just another option, I guess....
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 7/25/16 at 11:55 AM.

1 member likes this post: Rich Mersereau
7/25/16, 2:17 PM   #5
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

25-28 cars tops. I've witnessed really good sprint car races at Hartford in the past, let's hope for the best.

Rich M

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
7/25/16, 2:51 PM   #6
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
25-28 cars tops. I've witnessed really good sprint car races at Hartford in the past, let's hope for the best.

Rich M
You are more optimistic than I, Rich. I am hoping they have enough for a B Main.

7/25/16, 3:13 PM   #7
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Let's get this outa the way. The heat races will stink, when they hit turn 3 on the first lap it's pretty much the finishing order. Focus on the A-main and hope for the best. The outlaws only come around 1-time, enjoy it. Hartford use to be a weedy field. See you there.

Rich M

3 members like this post: PIT CART, spicoli, Stevensville Mike
7/25/16, 3:57 PM   #8
Eric Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post

Saturday Night will be a three-way split up here - SOD at Crystal, GLSS at Merritt, and Open Sprints at Butler.
MTS at Silver Bullet as well Saturday.

7/25/16, 8:26 PM   #9
flagboy55

Also discounted tickets at I Reilly auto parts. Anyone know if Indiana stores are included in the promotion?

7/25/16, 9:19 PM   #10
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

Anyone from Indiana coming up to Wilmot for the Outlaw show? Stop by the camper behind the grandstands and say hello. I came to your neck of the woods for Gas City and Kokomo, return the favor lol

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Outlaws at Hartford