12 Sprint cars on hand tonight

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/31/19, 9:22 PM   #2
Re: Twin cities
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
12 Sprint cars on hand tonight
This is disappointing, my car is still in pieces and going back together and my brother is out of town or we would both be there tonight. I hope this track doesn't give up on sprint cars it is a fun track.

2 members like this post: 3Cfan, tirespinner
8/31/19, 11:19 PM   #3
PushEm

We are not giving up on the Sprint Cars. Any driver/crew or fan can call me anytime cause I am always up for suggestions/comments/criticism it doesn’t matter.

Thank you to all who do show up and support the track it really does mean a lot.

Congratulations to Logan Hupp on the victory tonight.

Sprints are on the schedule September 21st and I welcome everyone to come and have a great night of racing.

Again thank you and I hope to see everyone at the races.

6 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, mscs20, oldfan49, oppweld, Scool1007, tirespinner
8/31/19, 11:40 PM   #4
flagboy55

Anyone have a finishing order?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/1/19, 3:46 AM   #5
Non wing lover

Would it be possible for you guys to switch nights like say Sunday perhaps or are there many churches that oppose that if they have Sunday evening services? Also is it possible you could land a sponsor to help increase purse to like the standard $1500 to win or maybe a little more I would see you folks get usac in there and also mscs

2 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, tirespinner
9/1/19, 10:47 AM   #6
PushEm

As far as switching nights we are a Saturday track and we can run some special shows on other nights but not every week.

I have spoke with Levi about getting USAC back to the track and I will continue to do what I can to make that happen.

Sponsors are in the works for a better regular show purse boost and for a points fund again.

9/1/19, 12:22 PM   #7
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushEm View Post
As far as switching nights we are a Saturday track and we can run some special shows on other nights but not every week.

I have spoke with Levi about getting USAC back to the track and I will continue to do what I can to make that happen.

Sponsors are in the works for a better regular show purse boost and for a points fund again.
I think you have to consider this next couple of weeks is a recovery time fore a lot of teams, not only the budget teams, which a lot ride on this train, there aren't many drivers making this racing anything but a hobby, the day has passed on that, I used to think 50% was a fair deal, but that won't pay the owner much to race the next race on, if he's lucky enough to be able to roll it in the trailer, and only have the car wash bill to think about, butts on the boards are getting harder to get them to the track, the lowest paid cars are putting the most on the boards, even if an owner does the whole deal, drive everything, pays all the bills, he has to find help, and that comes at a price anymore, if you doubt any of this, put on your big boy pants, and jump aboard, 19-2 at the Burg, and 12 at twin cities, after the past 2-3 weeks of non stop racing, not to mention the higher fuel costs, man needs a rest on his hip pocket once in a while. Just Sayin!

9/1/19, 12:28 PM   #8
captrat

You can only slice a pizza into so many slices. As they get smaller, nobody cares.

9/1/19, 12:44 PM   #9
Non wing lover

Thank you

9/1/19, 12:48 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
You can only slice a pizza into so many slices. As they get smaller, nobody cares.
Bingo! Also a big weekend for racing. Stoga, USAC, Kinser, King of Non Wing, Reg show at Burg which several guys run with you if burg is off. Midgets. Champ Cars.

I think there's room for 6-8 races at TCRP but schedule's the key Id go the two sprint week Saturdays. against the four crown and possibly even the smack down. Plenty of cars want no part of that and want a fair shake at a podium.

Just me but like Captrat says, when enough cars aren't on the tracks, butt's aren't in the seats and slicing the pie helps nothing. TCRP has made a turn around and mainly full fields. I enjoyed my night there and there was a decent sprint field. But tracks within 50mi's weren't running either.
Respect given, just consider schedule and working with, not against.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/1/19 at 1:00 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Twin cities