IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Selinsgrove Silver Crown
8/12/20, 12:01 AM   #21
Re: Selinsgrove Silver Crown
DJlives

I think one of the things that makes silver crown racing what it is, is tire management. That always comes into play and it did here. So I was good with it.

8/12/20, 8:27 AM   #22
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Shane!! I'm happy!
CJ!! I'm sad!

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
8/12/20, 1:13 PM   #23
captrat

This guy Irving Zistman, has sourced his name from a Johnny Knoxville movie character "Irving Zisman" who basically is described as a cranky old man who likes to create pointless chaos. Go away.

8/12/20, 4:01 PM   #24
flagboy55

I don’t think anything has to be changed, especially the fact that cautions were not counted. I always feel like counting them cheats the paying customer. If there’s anyone to blame, it’s only Hoosier Tire. I’m sure they could make a tire that could last if they so choose. I don’t have a problem with the company itself but some of these tire problems I think could be avoided
Last edited by flagboy55; 8/12/20 at 4:02 PM.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, Steve Wendel
8/12/20, 10:38 PM   #25
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I don’t think anything has to be changed, especially the fact that cautions were not counted. I always feel like counting them cheats the paying customer. If there’s anyone to blame, it’s only Hoosier Tire. I’m sure they could make a tire that could last if they so choose. I don’t have a problem with the company itself but some of these tire problems I think could be avoided
I believe there were more than one tire compound choice available. Leary even said in his interview they chose a soft tire and it hurt them. Don't see how Hoosier is to blame here.

The track took rubber coming off the corners which is why Leary got passed by Cottle. He tried to block and slipped out of the rubber. Think if most teams would have known it would rubber up like that we would have seen some different tire choices.

8/12/20, 11:07 PM   #26
flagboy55

If there’s choices of a harder compound available I stand corrected. Then it’s on the team. But why wouldn’t anyone think the track would take rubber, it’s a long race?

8/13/20, 9:33 AM   #27
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
They used to run the entire Indy 500 on one set of tires. It is definitely possible to create a tire that will last 100 laps.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Selinsgrove Silver Crown