IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
maddog53 (Offline)
  #1 5/25/16 3:51 PM
Is this run as a complete night every night, or is it qualifying nights leading up to a big Saturday night? Thanks
Gw275 (Offline)
  #2 5/25/16 7:47 PM
Thursday and Friday are complete programs. They keep points those two nights and use the points earned for Saturday. I could be wrong about this but Wednesday night is a full show free of charge to the public and there are no pints earned in it for Saturday nights show.
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #3 5/25/16 8:54 PM
Originally Posted by Gw275:
Thursday and Friday are complete programs. They keep points those two nights and use the points earned for Saturday. I could be wrong about this but Wednesday night is a full show free of charge to the public and there are no pints earned in it for Saturday nights show.
Pretty much correct, but to clarify, top points earners Thursday & Friday "lock in" to Saturday. I think it's the top 8 because they're the ones that race the King of the Hill. The rest get thrown into possibly the greatest last chance race(s) you'll ever see!
10 Likes: chris naranjo, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Nate, oldfan49, Pat O'Connor Fan, rachasin, rapid robert, scottyCbus, speed bump
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #4 5/26/16 10:55 AM
It's some of the greatest racing you will ever see all 4 nights! It's a can't miss event!
8 Likes: chris naranjo, D.N.3, DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, Nate, Pat O'Connor Fan, rapid robert, speed bump
mc/rider (Offline)
  #5 5/26/16 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by scottyCbus:
It's some of the greatest racing you will ever see all 4 nights! It's a can't miss event!
You get your money's worth the first two heats and the rest is free

When in doubt Gas It
8 Likes: D.N.3, DirtHawk92, flagboy55, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, rachasin, Rich Mersereau, scottyCbus
maddog53 (Offline)
  #6 5/28/16 8:39 AM
So, in your opinion, it would be worth coming for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? I have previous commitments for the rest of the weekend, so I was just wondering if it was full shows or just qualifiers.
3 Likes: JarrettFarms73, Josh Spencer, speed bump
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #7 5/28/16 8:59 AM
They will be having complete shows everyday you will be there and Wednesfay is free grandstand admission! You can't beat that at the best track in the world! it will be worth your time to come and you won't be disappointed! Make sure you make a stop at Half-Moon Restaurant located on 931 and Center road. Take care and have fun!

Josh Spencer
8 Likes: chris naranjo, DirtHawk92, FALCONEDDIE, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, rachasin, rapid robert, speed bump
Gw275 (Offline)
  #8 5/28/16 10:09 AM
Any night of Smackdown is worth it
4 Likes: flagboy55, JarrettFarms73, Josh Spencer, rachasin
speed bump (Offline)
  #9 5/28/16 10:48 AM
Stop at Half Moon for sure ..Then root for Josh Spencer #66 when you get to the track ..
3 Likes: FALCONEDDIE, Josh Spencer, rapid robert
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #10 5/28/16 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by maddog53:
So, in your opinion, it would be worth coming for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? I have previous commitments for the rest of the weekend, so I was just wondering if it was full shows or just qualifiers.
They're absolutely worth it! $5k to win Thursday, $5k to win Friday... plus a chance to lock in for Saturday! They'll be going BIG from the get-go. I've not missed a single night since they launched this deal and I don't plan on missing anytime soon.

Wednesday likely won't have quite as much energy but that's misleading since Kokomo is almost always a fantastic show. Risk taking might not be as frantic but we should see some new/ uncommon teams there getting in some laps... For free!!