IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington,Indiana travel question
5/24/16, 9:23 AM   #1
Bloomington,Indiana travel question
watchemgofast

Coming up from Arkansas for the race Friday night and Mapquest has me coming up I-69 from I-64,is I-69 even completed?? From satellite maps it doesn't appear so but wasn't sure how old the maps are.

5/24/16, 9:49 AM   #2
Re: Bloomington,Indiana travel question
illinisprintfan

Yes, I-69 is complete all the way to Bloomington. It connects with Indiana 37 just North of the road for the Speedway.

1 member likes this post: watchemgofast
5/24/16, 10:09 AM   #3
watchemgofast

Awesome! Makes my route much simpler,thanks so much Illinisprintfan!

5/24/16, 10:16 AM   #4
tdt636

69 to 37 south. Second light is Walnut St. Turn left

5/24/16, 11:07 AM   #5
KingRandomUser

Another slightly shorter way is after you exit I-69 to SR37 South, take an immediate left at the first red light (Victor Pike).
After that, take an immediate Right onto W Church LN.
Follow till it ends (S. Rogers) and take a Left then Immediate Right back onto Church Lane.
Go straight past the red light and speedway will be on your Left.

5/24/16, 11:36 AM   #6
bigq11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdt636 View Post
69 to 37 south. Second light is Walnut St. Turn left
For someone not familiar with the area I would recommend this route. After you make the left turn at the second light as stated, go to the next stop light and turn right. Then about a quarter mile, can't miss the speedway.

5/24/16, 12:46 PM   #7
watchemgofast

Great directions,thanks,stoked about my first visit to this historic bullring!

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing
5/24/16, 3:38 PM   #8
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

watchemgofast, I am assuming you are from the Ditch? We will be leaving Memphis Wednesday morning and headed that way. I am going to be homesteaded in Bloomington all week. Bloomington is a cool joint, but last on my list of go to tracks that I have been to in Indiana. I'm hoping this year changes my mind. Word from experience, make sure you have all the gas, drinks, snacks, and bathroom break BEFORE you get on I-69 out of Evansville. Theres many miles between exits and gas stations can be quite a ways off the highway. We dubbed this section "The Devils Highway" for this particular reason.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, watchemgofast
5/25/16, 12:48 AM   #9
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I totally agree with ModernDayDrifter. I went from north to south, and can't remember anything just off the interstate. Sure makes the trip easier, however.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, watchemgofast
5/25/16, 7:44 AM   #10
watchemgofast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayDrifter View Post
watchemgofast, I am assuming you are from the Ditch? We will be leaving Memphis Wednesday morning and headed that way. I am going to be homesteaded in Bloomington all week. Bloomington is a cool joint, but last on my list of go to tracks that I have been to in Indiana. I'm hoping this year changes my mind. Word from experience, make sure you have all the gas, drinks, snacks, and bathroom break BEFORE you get on I-69 out of Evansville. Theres many miles between exits and gas stations can be quite a ways off the highway. We dubbed this section "The Devils Highway" for this particular reason.
Yep,been going to the Ditch for over 30 years,originally from Marion but now live in Heber Springs,go to I-30 some & always the Short Track Nationals. Figured the 100th would be a great 1st 500 for me so wanted to hit a good sprint car show to make a trip out of it,hope the weather holds & hope to see your there! Thanks a ton for I-69 advice,that could of caused problems.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington,Indiana travel question