IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UMP MODS $3,000 win & $200 start. 30 Cars. 5/27. No MDC.
5/25/16, 9:55 PM   #1
UMP MODS $3,000 win & $200 start. 30 Cars. 5/27. No MDC.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hartford Speedway
Hartford, Michigan
http://www.hartfordspeedway.net

Friday, May 27th 2016
"Dirt 30 presented by Royal Purple and Lane Automotive"

Due to a disagreement with the tire rule Michigan Dirt Cup will not be involved with the show
(Article below - PLEASE READ. Track is sticking up for the racers)

UMP Modifieds - $3,000 to win & $200 to start. Starting 30 Cars
PLUS UMP Street Stocks & 4 Cyl. Cyber Stocks

PIT PASSES - $25.00
GRANDSTAND GENERAL ADMISSION - $12.00
-
Hartford Speedway and Michigan Dirt Cup Series have agreed to remove the Michogan Dirt Cup Sanction from the Dirty 30 presented by Royal Purple UMP Modified event scheduled for Friday, May 27th 2016. The race is sill scheduled to go on as advertised as a normal UMP Modified event and the purse will still be $3000 to win - $200 to start starting 30 cars for the main event. Full purse will be posted this evening (May 25th).

The disagreement between the speedway and Michigan Dirt Cup came down to the mandated tire rule that Michigan Dirt Cup has implemented. Hartford Speedway allows all standard UMP tires (D., A40S, A, & H) for our regular weekly events and feels that forcing teams to run the A compound will create an unnecessary financial burden for teams to run a single event. Hartford Speedway has many weekly racers that travel from Indiana and Illinois ho would like to be a part of this event. but have voiced strong concerns about omitting the D compound tire from the competition when it is already permitted in normal UMP Modified racing. Hartford Speedway wants to give racers a reason to come support an event, not exclude them with specific one off rules.

We have invited all UMP Modified drivers to come be a part of the Dirty 30 presented by Royal Purple. $3000 to win - $200 to start. 30 Laps. 30 Car starting field. All UMP tire compounds will be legal (D, A40S, A, & H). No registration fees and no transponder fees! Just buy your pit pass and race! All new ide wide oval at Hartford Speedway.

If you have any questions please call Promoter Tom Dibble at (269)-313-9132.
Last edited by nathans1012; 5/25/16 at 10:18 PM.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, oldfan49, rmcar, Stevensville Mike
5/27/16, 10:29 AM   #2
Re: UMP MODS $3,000 win & $200 start. 30 Cars. 5/27. No MDC.
Stevensville Mike

Makes one wonder how much money the Michigan Dirt Cup Series was bringing to the table to begin with if Hartford Speedway is now going to front the whole show.

I'll give the guys at Hartford a lot of credit for how they are doing things this year. They have been rolling out the red carpet for fans since Dibble took over. I think in this case they are now looking out for their weekly drivers. The fans are going to be there either way whether it is MDC sanctioned or not.

Also makes you wonder if Michigan Dirt Cup will be there any more. An interesting topic to follow down the stretch.

3 members like this post: nathans1012, oldfan49, Rich Mersereau
5/27/16, 12:26 PM   #3
Re: UMP MODS $3,000 win & $200 start. 30 Cars. 5/27. No MDC.
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

I'd be surprised if MDC makes it thru the year..I think this is just the beginning of the end.. Hartford has always been a great place to run,, but like was stated earlier,, the new promoters are really doing a great job to make all parties pleased and wanting to come back.. Congrats on sticking up for your regulars.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, PIT CART
5/27/16, 1:02 PM   #4
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Agree with the post above. If more tracks looked out for their drivers I think it would help bring in more cars. For drivers and race teams to know a track will try to have their best intrest in mind could help both the track & race teams long term.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UMP MODS $3,000 win & $200 start. 30 Cars. 5/27. No MDC.