IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Smackdown
5/25/16, 3:51 PM   #1
Kokomo Smackdown
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

Is this run as a complete night every night, or is it qualifying nights leading up to a big Saturday night? Thanks

5/25/16, 7:47 PM   #2
Gw275

Thursday and Friday are complete programs. They keep points those two nights and use the points earned for Saturday. I could be wrong about this but Wednesday night is a full show free of charge to the public and there are no pints earned in it for Saturday nights show.

5/25/16, 8:54 PM   #3
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gw275 View Post
Thursday and Friday are complete programs. They keep points those two nights and use the points earned for Saturday. I could be wrong about this but Wednesday night is a full show free of charge to the public and there are no pints earned in it for Saturday nights show.
Pretty much correct, but to clarify, top points earners Thursday & Friday "lock in" to Saturday. I think it's the top 8 because they're the ones that race the King of the Hill. The rest get thrown into possibly the greatest last chance race(s) you'll ever see!

5/26/16, 10:55 AM   #4
Re: Kokomo Smackdown
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

It's some of the greatest racing you will ever see all 4 nights! It's a can't miss event!

5/26/16, 11:28 AM   #5
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyCbus View Post
It's some of the greatest racing you will ever see all 4 nights! It's a can't miss event!
You get your money's worth the first two heats and the rest is free

5/28/16, 8:39 AM   #6
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

So, in your opinion, it would be worth coming for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? I have previous commitments for the rest of the weekend, so I was just wondering if it was full shows or just qualifiers.

3 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, Josh Spencer, speed bump
5/28/16, 8:59 AM   #7
Josh Spencer

They will be having complete shows everyday you will be there and Wednesfay is free grandstand admission! You can't beat that at the best track in the world! it will be worth your time to come and you won't be disappointed! Make sure you make a stop at Half-Moon Restaurant located on 931 and Center road. Take care and have fun!

Josh Spencer

5/28/16, 10:09 AM   #8
Gw275

Any night of Smackdown is worth it

4 members like this post: flagboy55, JarrettFarms73, Josh Spencer, rachasin
5/28/16, 10:48 AM   #9
speed bump

Stop at Half Moon for sure ..Then root for Josh Spencer #66 when you get to the track ..

3 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, Josh Spencer, rapid robert
5/28/16, 10:28 PM   #10
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog53 View Post
So, in your opinion, it would be worth coming for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? I have previous commitments for the rest of the weekend, so I was just wondering if it was full shows or just qualifiers.
They're absolutely worth it! $5k to win Thursday, $5k to win Friday... plus a chance to lock in for Saturday! They'll be going BIG from the get-go. I've not missed a single night since they launched this deal and I don't plan on missing anytime soon.

Wednesday likely won't have quite as much energy but that's misleading since Kokomo is almost always a fantastic show. Risk taking might not be as frantic but we should see some new/ uncommon teams there getting in some laps... For free!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Smackdown