IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cj😪
7/30/21, 5:41 AM   #11
Re: Cj😪
Hubie48

Hey, "Us Sprint Car drivers are not going to take this crap" :-)

I would have him selling T-Shirts out of his trailer come Bloomington, along with Cottle. I also think a closed meeting with Levi and all the drivers is in order.

2 members like this post: stp6237, tirespinner
7/30/21, 7:50 AM   #12
SteelCore

With the contact after the checkered Leary should be parked.

7/30/21, 8:10 AM   #13
BrentTFunk

Thorson is a very good driver, but to me comes off as a spoiled rich kid. I have felt this way since MidgetWeek. Being stuck at home, my races have been on Flo. At Paragon Thorson was complaining about they should have canceled, we shouldn't even be here. If it was up to me, we would leave. This was before hot laps. As someone who works outside in all kinds of weather, there are days that aren't any fun. We don't get to go home when it's not what we want. He whined again at Kokomo, after the rain delay. I am not a slide job fan, but it looked like Leary took evasive action to prevent contact. Thorson is not the only one who has done that. Did not see the contact after the checkered, but that needs dealt with. Fine , probation, suspension, I can't say I didn't see it. Its SprintWeek. people are hot, tired and fuses are short. Add in very competitive racing, this kind of stuff happens.

7/30/21, 8:57 AM   #14
Rpracing1

Leary a lucky boy that Tanners brakes worked when he pulled into victory circle.

7/30/21, 9:22 AM   #15
DRFan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Thorson is a very good driver, but to me comes off as a spoiled rich kid. I have felt this way since MidgetWeek. Being stuck at home, my races have been on Flo. At Paragon Thorson was complaining about they should have canceled, we shouldn't even be here. If it was up to me, we would leave. This was before hot laps. As someone who works outside in all kinds of weather, there are days that aren't any fun. We don't get to go home when it's not what we want. He whined again at Kokomo, after the rain delay. I am not a slide job fan, but it looked like Leary took evasive action to prevent contact. Thorson is not the only one who has done that. Did not see the contact after the checkered, but that needs dealt with. Fine , probation, suspension, I can't say I didn't see it. Its SprintWeek. people are hot, tired and fuses are short. Add in very competitive racing, this kind of stuff happens.
There is so much wrong here I don't even know where to start

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, huskermudd, Joekocjan, Rpracing1, skids59
7/30/21, 9:24 AM   #16
ossuks

Hopefully this will serve as a wake up call to the USAC drivers. In the future the interview should be restricted to thanking sponsors, car owners, ect... The NASCAR drivers have picked up this practice and the stands are empty, TV ratings down, and we all sit on the edge of our seat asleep!

7/30/21, 10:36 AM   #17
fourteen fan

Same guy who whined at Indy for the way Larson passed him. Guess when he is leading no one is supposed to try to pass.

7/30/21, 12:45 PM   #18
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Appears to be two spoiled rich kids,not getting their way. Could remain interesting.

4 members like this post: billw, msan16, RACrappieman, tirespinner
7/30/21, 12:50 PM   #19
DRFan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannyman View Post
Appears to be two spoiled rich kids,not getting their way. Could remain interesting.
Ah, yes, another old head, knowing nothing about the drivers, using the tired "spoiled rich kids" argument. IOW old heads never disappoint

7/30/21, 6:23 PM   #20
Beinthecircle

“Being took out” LOL. When did he turn right? Before he went off the track or after? If there would have been contact, it would have been from Leary trying to get back on the track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cj😪