IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DIRTVISION Midget Series at Jacksonville Next 3 Sundays
8/3/21, 8:28 PM   #1
DIRTVISION Midget Series at Jacksonville Next 3 Sundays
kdobson

Here's some info for teams/racers... Fans - All you need to know is it a 6:00 start time each week - and midgets will run first to get you home early...

This Sunday August 8th and next Sunday August 15th are "preliminary" nights. These two nights will pay our standard Jacksonville midget purse we've paid in past years of $1,000 to win, $150 to start.
The third week, Sunday August 22nd will pay $5,000 to win. It's based off a $3,000 to win, $250 to start payout with an extra sponsored $2,000 to the winner.

Anyone who wins one of the two preliminary nights is guaranteed to start no worse than 5th on the 3rd week. 2nd place finishers the first two weeks will start no worse than 10th. If you win both of the prelim nights you are guaranteed to start on the pole of the $5,000 event.

The first 2 weeks will be our standard passing point show. For the $5,000 night we will run heat races to line-up qualifiers. If we need a B-Main right now I'm thinking we will just take a single car from the B to make it a race in itself. If you won one of the first two weeks and don't race yourself better than a 5th place starting spot on the last night, we'll put you at 5th and move the otherwise 5th place car back to 6th etc. So even if you win a prelim night you have incentive to race hard in the heats/qualifier to improve your starting position better than 5th the last night.

The final night is a complete new/open show. You do not have to race either of the preliminary nights. You can just show up, win the race and take home a $5,000 check that we hope clears the bank!

Hot laps will be at 5:15 all three nights. Racing at 6:00. All 3 events will be on DIRTVision. We will get you out of here at a good time and will run midgets first at each event.

If you have questions, text me at 217-371-3653. I have to go to Rockford for a golf tourney of my daughter Wed, then I'm in Nashville for an event for my real job Thurs - Sun morning, so you probably won't get any more details about this week's race online except for my rah, rah, rah to get some fans out. Please help spread the word for us and get some cars here. It will be fun... no points racing... no entry fees... no ***** given... just some great midget racing and hopefully a good time in good weather.

Kenny Dobson
217-371-3653

5 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, Rcar
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DIRTVISION Midget Series at Jacksonville Next 3 Sundays