IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are there?
11/25/12, 8:17 PM   #31
Re: Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are th
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the visitor View Post
Hey there DAD.....you have a lot of good points there .....
trust me I've tried but the powers that be have a different vision ....
Actually the uprights do better than most of the sidewinder cars , even with the extra wieght espically on the bigger tracks .
Tracks ....we do get to run on some of the good ones
in our area anyway....Williams grove , Lincoln ,Grandveiw
I tell ya , just to be on the track at some of these places is like there's magic in the air ......

Hey- they are making an attempt to get more cars to the track. I kinda of figured when you put a 1000cc motor on an already squirly race car you make a realy super squirly race car.

I think that if a guy tried an upright car before that little old sidewinder there would be a lot more uprights. Looks like you guys are doing pretty good job up there keep it up. Williams grove to yu guys is like The big E for us.

Honest Dad himself

11/26/12, 10:13 AM   #32
DAD

Probably one of the first tracks running 600cc and then 1000cc midgets would be Little Salem also known as Thundervalley speedway in Salem Indiana.

This is the track we started racing on many years ago and I think It is still the best track for 1000cc midget racing period. It is small enough, banked enough and wide enough to allow these cars to really perform at their peak.

They run a weekly show for the 1000cc midgets and also sanction in some traveling groups.

www.thundervalleyracing.net

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/26/12 at 10:20 AM.

11/26/12, 10:25 AM   #33
DAD

Another weekly show would be Bakersfield raceway park in Linton In. This track is better suited for the sidewinders it is a little small, a little narrow and a little flat for the 1000cc midgets. Racing very close here to the point of a little contact ever so often. I don't think they have ever had any traveling groups down there.

www.bakersfieldraceway.con

Honest Dad himself

11/26/12, 8:06 PM   #34
the visitor

Yes the sidewinder cars are a little challenged for traction , espically off the corner (we are going to a new upright this year)......
The Grove and Susquhana speedway are a little big , but Lincoln and Grandveiw are just perfect ....
At Grandveiw we were 4 tenths faster that the smallblock modifieds ....thats cookin !!!!!!!
Check out Hyper Racing 's website , his new upright mini .
That should be a few more cars , hopefully ......
We run with wings except for a couple of fun shows at the end of the year , there isn't much wingless in this area but that is growing some ......Dad.....nobody has a beemer out here yet , I would gess that it would get claimed pretty quick ....would love the hear how that thing does on the track.....

11/26/12, 9:54 PM   #35
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the visitor View Post
Yes the sidewinder cars are a little challenged for traction , espically off the corner (we are going to a new upright this year)......
The Grove and Susquhana speedway are a little big , but Lincoln and Grandveiw are just perfect ....
At Grandveiw we were 4 tenths faster that the smallblock modifieds ....thats cookin !!!!!!!
Check out Hyper Racing 's website , his new upright mini .
That should be a few more cars , hopefully ......
We run with wings except for a couple of fun shows at the end of the year , there isn't much wingless in this area but that is growing some ......Dad.....nobody has a beemer out here yet , I would gess that it would get claimed pretty quick ....would love the hear how that thing does on the track.....

Heck I ain't got one either but I can dream. I see another $3000.00 or so just to adapt it to a car. That claim rule should keep them down up there but don't bet on it.

Honest Dad himself

12/1/12, 8:45 PM   #36
penrith1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post
I purchased www.LightningSprint.com a while ago with the goal of unifying the organizations/tracks/owners/drivers in discussions and ideas. The site is in development and I'm looking to launch it by the first of the year. If anyone has suggestions on content or use please let me know. I would love to hear some ideas.

Posted via Mobile Device
Jim I have sent you a private message...

12/2/12, 1:28 PM   #37
Quantrill

Here is a board I put together that had been just for Midwest Lightning Sprints. I have now given ILLS, MALS, MLS, RMLSA and WIMS there on sections. Did not include MMSA or AMSA as it appears they are very well represented on this board.

http://midwestlightningsprints.freeforums.org/

12/2/12, 2:42 PM   #38
DAD

I tried to register Mark but they must have figured I would be a security risk or a trouble maker.

Honest Dad himself

12/2/12, 5:49 PM   #39
Quantrill

Dad

Not sure why you could not register .
Give it another try. If you cant register PM you're email and I will register for you and then you can log in and change you're password.

12/11/12, 8:39 AM   #40
Quantrill

New Logo fresh off the press!!

Go to http://midwestlightningsprints.freeforums.org/index.php for news. I am also working on simple web site to keep fans and racers informed.
Attached Images
MALS_Logo2.jpg (92.9 KB, 19 views)
Last edited by Quantrill; 12/11/12 at 8:41 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are there?