IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are there?
11/22/12, 11:41 PM   #11
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post
PM sent Steve. I've got 35 Raceway on my list to contact/promote. What tracks also run upright 1000/600 lightning sprints as a weekly class. It's fairly easy to find associations and clubs but it would be easier to lock down different tracks nationwide by having competitors give me a track to contact. Thanks everybody.

Posted via Mobile Device
I beleive Thunder Valley Raceway in Salem, IN runs weekly 1000cc mini sprints on Friday nights.

Posted via Mobile Device

11/23/12, 11:03 AM   #12
Re: Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are th
DAD

THE TRUTH IN ADVERTISING LAW !!! I think there is a law out there somewhere that says when advertising a product the add has to truthfully describe the product. What I want to know is in what way are these things anything like a Sprint Car other than the fact they have 4 tires on the ground.

Many years ago I went to a race to watch AJ Felker race in an AMSA race. I did not go down in the pits but instead got seats up in the grandstands. We were lucky enough to sit behind some real redneck race fans. This track did not usually race open wheel cars so the crowd was more accustomed to cars with fenders. When the "MINI SPRINTS" got on the track they were not what the rednecks had anticipated. They let it be known that these were not the cars they had paid to see and that they were never going to come back to this track again.

"Mini" and "Lightning" are both good adjectives the problem is that the noun that they are describing is the wrong noun.

What is needed is a better noun.

We know:

1. Most races are run with a wing over the drivers head.

2. The organizers do everything possible to make and keep them a low cost true open wheel race car.

3. All cars are powered by a motorcycle engine.

4. All cars are chain drive (except for those darned cars way down south) and they are rapidly switching to chain drive also.

5. Engine size may be from 600cc to 1200cc.

6. Most cars are built from Full Midget frames and components.

7. Most races are run on tracks that are a 1/4 mile and smaller.

8. These cars on a 1/4 mile or smaller track with wings on are as fast of faster than any other race car out there period.

9. Like ARCA we cater to the young up and coming racer as well as to many seasoned racer who help keep these kids inline.

10. With just a few more rule tweaks we can also become the most competitive open wheel racers out there where money does not always equal an automatic win.

Honest Dad himself

11/23/12, 12:20 PM   #13
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
THE TRUTH IN ADVERTISING LAW !!! I think there is a law out there somewhere that says when advertising a product the add has to truthfully describe the product. What I want to know is in what way are these things anything like a Sprint Car other than the fact they have 4 tires on the ground.

Many years ago I went to a race to watch AJ Felker race in an AMSA race. I did not go down in the pits but instead got seats up in the grandstands. We were lucky enough to sit behind some real redneck race fans. This track did not usually race open wheel cars so the crowd was more accustomed to cars with fenders. When the "MINI SPRINTS" got on the track they were not what the rednecks had anticipated. They let it be known that these were not the cars they had paid to see and that they were never going to come back to this track again.

"Mini" and "Lightning" are both good adjectives the problem is that the noun that they are describing is the wrong noun.

What is needed is a better noun.

We know:

1. Most races are run with a wing over the drivers head.

2. The organizers do everything possible to make and keep them a low cost true open wheel race car.

3. All cars are powered by a motorcycle engine.

4. All cars are chain drive (except for those darned cars way down south) and they are rapidly switching to chain drive also.

5. Engine size may be from 600cc to 1200cc.

6. Most cars are built from Full Midget frames and components.

7. Most races are run on tracks that are a 1/4 mile and smaller.

8. These cars on a 1/4 mile or smaller track with wings on are as fast of faster than any other race car out there period.

9. Like ARCA we cater to the young up and coming racer as well as to many seasoned racer who help keep these kids inline.

10. With just a few more rule tweaks we can also become the most competitive open wheel racers out there where money does not always equal an automatic win.

Honest Dad himself
SO DAD .....What would YOU call them?????

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

11/23/12, 12:24 PM   #14
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Outlaw View Post
SO DAD .....What would YOU call them?????
I thought about "Lightning Speed Cars" in honor of our friends down south of the equator.

How about "1000cc Speed Cars" ? "1000cc Winged Speed Cars"?

What the heck is a "Speed Car" ?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/23/12 at 12:51 PM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
11/23/12, 12:57 PM   #15
Bill May

How about, Midgets 11 (too) or Div. 2 Midgets ?

Bill may

2 members like this post: DAD, Wayne Davis
11/23/12, 12:58 PM   #16
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I thought about "Lightning Speed Cars" in honor of our friends down south of the equator.

How about "1000cc Speed Cars" ? "1000cc Winged Speed Cars"?

What the heck is a "Speed Car" ?

Honest Dad himself
I really like the Az. name ...Modified Midgets cause as you have said MANY times WE are nothing more then a motorcycle powered MIDGET...hey wait hold the press///this just in....MOTORCYCLE POWERED CHAIN DRIVEN WINGED MIDGET SPRINTS.... say that 10 times and get back with me..lol....you have a good turkey day Dad?

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/23/12, 1:00 PM   #17
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post

Bill may
Kinda catchy there Bill

11/23/12, 1:01 PM   #18
Wayne Davis

oops

11/23/12, 1:05 PM   #19
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post

Bill may
Bill I would be interested in talking to you about that...Northern Div. II Midgets and Southern Div. II Midgets...same rules maybe a joint points fund or at least a national winner

11/23/12, 1:08 PM   #20
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Outlaw View Post
I really like the Az. name ...Modified Midgets cause as you have said MANY times WE are nothing more then a motorcycle powered MIDGET...hey wait hold the press///this just in....MOTORCYCLE POWERED CHAIN DRIVEN WINGED MIDGET SPRINTS.... say that 10 times and get back with me..lol....you have a good turkey day Dad?
I ran a modified midget back in the 50's it was powered by a "Cushman" motor scooter motor and it was FAST!!! Wings had not been invented then, we was still working on the wheel.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are there?