IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are there?
11/22/12, 1:05 PM   #1
Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are there?
SteveB31

Here is something to think about for Turkey day. We have Indiana Open wheel for non wing sprints , Midgetmadness for midgets, but I was thinking of starting an informational website ONLY for 1000-1200cc upright Lightning sprints. So.....in order to do that I wanted to know how many groups run these cars worldwide. Here is what I know. Please provide information if you can about what other groups are out there. From West to East we have.....CLS in SoCal, BCRA in Northern California, Their is a group in east Utah, The WSLS in western Colo, the RMLSA and Colo 1200s in eastern Colo, the MOLS in Kansas/Missouri area, the MMSA and AMSA in Indiana, the Illinois lighting sprints in Illinois. I know there is lots of racing in Washington state, Pennsilvai, Florida nad where else? What other groups are out there in the USA, and down under that race 1000-1200cc Lightning sprints and what are the websites for these clubs. I think a website JUST for these would be fun, helpful , and possibly help grow the hobby.

2 members like this post: bowbuild, Jrp4554
11/22/12, 3:38 PM   #2
Re: Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are th
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
Here is something to think about for Turkey day. We have Indiana Open wheel for non wing sprints , Midgetmadness for midgets, but I was thinking of starting an informational website ONLY for 1000-1200cc upright Lightning sprints. So.....in order to do that I wanted to know how many groups run these cars worldwide. Here is what I know. Please provide information if you can about what other groups are out there. From West to East we have.....CLS in SoCal, BCRA in Northern California, Their is a group in east Utah, The WSLS in western Colo, the RMLSA and Colo 1200s in eastern Colo, the MOLS in Kansas/Missouri area, the MMSA and AMSA in Indiana, the Illinois lighting sprints in Illinois. I know there is lots of racing in Washington state, Pennsilvai, Florida nad where else? What other groups are out there in the USA, and down under that race 1000-1200cc Lightning sprints and what are the websites for these clubs. I think a website JUST for these would be fun, helpful , and possibly help grow the hobby.

Go to www.minisprintracing.com that should get you going

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
11/22/12, 3:41 PM   #3
SteveB31

I know some more are on that site, but there seems to be a lot more then that.

11/22/12, 3:47 PM   #4
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
I know some more are on that site, but there seems to be a lot more then that.
It's been the go to place for the last20 years or so. The car builders could also probably help a lot. Try Larry Fasse at www.fozracecars.com.

Honest Dad himself

11/22/12, 6:57 PM   #5
Quantrill

Not sure if we can call Mid America Lighting Sprints a group yet but we plan on holding 2-4 events next season. We have enough sponsorship money to guarantee each race $500 to win thanks to Jayhawk Millwright and are currently looking for more sponsorship money to up that. We are base in Missouri but are currently in talks with 2 tracks in IL one in KS, several in MO. and possible NEB. We are trying to combine 1-2 races with ILSS group and maybe 1- with MLS and 1-with RMLSA or a stand along event. I have posted some info on FB at http://www.facebook.com/MidAmericaLightningSprints

2 members like this post: racer8432955, Wayne Davis
11/22/12, 9:26 PM   #6
Jim Gardner

I purchased www.LightningSprint.com a while ago with the goal of unifying the organizations/tracks/owners/drivers in discussions and ideas. The site is in development and I'm looking to launch it by the first of the year. If anyone has suggestions on content or use please let me know. I would love to hear some ideas.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Mike M 67
11/22/12, 9:46 PM   #7
PatrickMead#13

Got to give a shout out for the guys at 35 raceway too. Had a great time with them at the end of the year and their all non wing shows now.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Jim Gardner, slidewayz28, Wayne Davis
11/22/12, 10:25 PM   #8
SteveB31

Jim Gardner- sounds like you are two steps ahead of me. We 1000cc guys need a site like that. Get ALL the 1000 cc guys on the same page, get the chassis builders and parts guys all to advertise on it, get all the schedules and results on it, and help promote a growing racing division. PM me your email address and I will get you some info. Steve @ RMLSA

2 members like this post: Jrp4554, Mike M 67
11/22/12, 11:27 PM   #9
Jim Gardner

PM sent Steve. I've got 35 Raceway on my list to contact/promote. What tracks also run upright 1000/600 lightning sprints as a weekly class. It's fairly easy to find associations and clubs but it would be easier to lock down different tracks nationwide by having competitors give me a track to contact. Thanks everybody.

Posted via Mobile Device

11/22/12, 11:34 PM   #10
fordmad

Here are a few from Australia
https://sites.google.com/site/nswlightningsprints/home
http://www.qlsra.com/
cheers
Sean

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Sprint Associations- How many are there?