Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danger danger
11/23/15, 2:40 PM   #11
Wingman

Just glad to see anybody but Harvick.

1 member likes this post: har59
11/23/15, 5:01 PM   #12
Re: Danger danger
Seadog

How does a driver that misses 1/3 of all the races this season due to injury end up as the champion? WTH?

5 members like this post: fish, flagboy55, ISF, jim goerge, turn4
11/23/15, 5:19 PM   #13
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 14

By doing everything that the sanctioning group told him he would have to do.

11/24/15, 12:45 PM   #14
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

By Keeping his mouth shut for the most part and driving his butt off and winning races. If that don't make a champion what does? He was told what he had to do to get in the chase and did it, He knew what he had to do to win the chase and he did that! Like him or not Rowdy is the Champ! End of Story!

3 members like this post: har59, TQ29m, Wingman
11/24/15, 9:24 PM   #15
har59

A slightly less rowdy b he has become, deserving of the championship!!! Nice to see respect for the man not the division he runs in.

1 member likes this post: Wingman
11/24/15, 10:10 PM   #16
ISF

NASCAR had to waive the rule that deems it mandatory that a driver attempt to qualify for every race to be eligible to win the championship in order for busch to get in the 10 race "playoff". He met the criteria that NASCAR laid out but they had to provide Busch special dispensation. 1/3 of the season seems like a bit over the top but it's their playground. It's all the same to me if he only ran 1 race to become champion. They (NASCAR) pretty much make it up as they go along, anyway.

Crap like that further cheapens the Cup championship, if that's possible.

Used to go to 4 or 5 NASCAR Cup races every year. Haven't set foot in the stands at a NASCAR race in over 15 years and have no interest in doing so. We live less than an hour from a track that hosts a "chase" race and could have free tickets every year. Thanks but no thanks. I wouldn't trade attending the whole NASCAR Cup season even up for Springfield, Du Quoin and the Belleville Nationals.

From what I saw on the highlights Larson had a real shot at a win. I'd just as soon see him win Turkey Night again or the Chili Bowl as much as I would a Cup race.
Last edited by ISF; 11/24/15 at 10:27 PM.

1 member likes this post: fish
11/25/15, 2:16 AM   #17
flagboy55

Good point on seeing him win the chili bowl again. However I want him to win and win often so he continues to ride the cash cow that is nascar so he can continue to support open wheel dirt teams like he and some others do. I only wish they would support the usac non wing more because ultimately that's what put them there, not the wings. No disrespect to wings, I love em both

1 member likes this post: ISF
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danger danger