IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Feature Winners 8-16-14
8/17/14, 9:41 AM   #1
Paragon Speedway Feature Winners 8-16-14
Luvdirtracing

Johnson Memorial

Sprints - Chris Phillips
Super Stocks - Rob Paris
Bombers - Chris McCoy
Pure Stocks - Matthew Cooley
Hornets - Greg Oneill

full results at http://www.speednetdirect.com/results.php?track_id=8158

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
8/17/14, 10:28 AM   #2
jscott101

Congrats to Chris Philips and his team. Glad to see them park it in victory lane lastnight. Great group of people to be around.
Congrats guys!

Jake Scott

4 members like this post: dshort36, Indy1808, Lincoln Chapple, moods
8/17/14, 11:21 AM   #3
Re: Paragon Speedway Feature Winners 8-16-14
RacinFool

Great job Chris!!!!~Enjoy it!!

2 members like this post: dshort36, IndyBound
8/17/14, 11:26 AM   #4
illinisprintfan

Great battle between Phillips and Chambers! One on the bottom and one riding high lap after lap.

2 members like this post: back it in, dshort36
8/17/14, 11:37 AM   #5
chastaj

That had to be one of the best races I have seen at Paragon in awhile. Chambers stayed on the rim the whole race and was pulling away leading the majority of the laps, then the track started to take rubber and Phillips was able to mount a charge after a late yellow and win by less than 3 ft.

8/17/14, 7:37 PM   #6
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

These two guys are not household names....yet, but their performance Saturday night was the equal of any I've seen this year. I don't remember seeing the black 6 before nor did I know who was driving but he looked good in his heat. I have seen Chambers come from an also ran a couple of years ago to a serious, but underpowered, contender. I understand he has a new motor now and he seems to be getting the most from it, but I think he still has more talent than car. Anyway, these two put on a show equal to any I've seen this year; Chambers riding the top and Phillips obviously set up for the bottom. He tried to move up a couple of times but went right back to the bottom. It was a great show and one I would have missed had LPS not rained out. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these guys.
Last edited by Al Pierce; 8/17/14 at 7:49 PM.

3 members like this post: back it in, chambersday, sprinter6p
8/17/14, 7:45 PM   #7
The Fanthom

Race Count This Year: 1

It was a great show and a photo finish to boot. Nice to see some unheralded guys showing the way around. Daylan Chambers really impressed me with his drive to the front last night, he ran that narrow cushion like a pro and nearly had the win. Some pretty good cars and drivers finished behind these two last night to their credit. Someone fill me in, is Phillips a Paragon regular? I don't think I've seen him before. Felt like a bank robber getting to see a race last night with the rain all around. A thoroughly enjoyable evening, and my 4yr old said he wanted to come back to Paragon from now on.....I have to admit, I like going too, good or bad the place feels just like it did when I was 5 years old.

8/17/14, 8:14 PM   #8
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Now you're really making me feel bad that I didn't make the effort to go to Paragon! Plan to go there next week since they're the only track running sprint cars on Saturday night besides Kokomo.

1 member likes this post: The Fanthom
8/17/14, 9:33 PM   #9
Buster51

It was a impressive when Chambers jumped cushion in 1 and 2 and never lifted ran it to the wall in 2. Great racing by these guys. Good racing in the pack also. Great show.

8/17/14, 11:51 PM   #10
midget64

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fanthom View Post
It was a great show and a photo finish to boot. Nice to see some unheralded guys showing the way around. Daylan Chambers really impressed me with his drive to the front last night, he ran that narrow cushion like a pro and nearly had the win. Some pretty good cars and drivers finished behind these two last night to their credit. Someone fill me in, is Phillips a Paragon regular? I don't think I've seen him before. Felt like a bank robber getting to see a race last night with the rain all around. A thoroughly enjoyable evening, and my 4yr old said he wanted to come back to Paragon from now on.....I have to admit, I like going too, good or bad the place feels just like it did when I was 5 years old.

I'm not really a regular to anywhere I've ran paragon 3 times, and putnamville 5 or 6 times this year.
Chris Phillips.

1 member likes this post: The Fanthom
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Feature Winners 8-16-14