IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USSA Sprints at Anderson on Sunday
4/28/14, 10:09 PM   #21
Re: USSA Sprints at Anderson on Sunday
hoss90

The first thing you do when you loose your brakes on a fast little joint like Anderson is park the thing.What if somebody spins and you T bone them and kill them.Do you say aw hell it's ok I didnt have any brakes!

2 members like this post: snowdrift, team3521
4/29/14, 9:02 AM   #22
Lauren Besecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss90 View Post
The first thing you do when you loose your brakes on a fast little joint like Anderson is park the thing.What if somebody spins and you T bone them and kill them.Do you say aw hell it's ok I didnt have any brakes!
Gosh...this is special.

OBVIOUSLY the kid could slow the car down to some degree, otherwise the "taps" that occurred in the race that ya'll are whining about would have been race cars punted to the parking lot...or he would have never been able to stop his car at the end of the race to collect his trophy. Plus, the idea that everyone in front of him held perfect lines so he didn't have any MAJOR "challenges" to his lack of brakes is just silly. Quit with the dramatics.

That being said, let's stick with FACTS again: Many, if not MOST, drivers race races, finish races, AND WIN RACES with cars that are less than optimal in handling. "The perfect car" for the start of a race, MUCH LESS for the DURATION of a race, is a rarity...if that were the case, all of us Internet Geniuses would be trying to win RACES, not message board squabbles. Instead, the reality is that race car drivers are such BECAUSE they can overcome the "habits" of these finicky, often evil machines. Race drivers ROUTINELY deal with wicked set-ups out of the box that they have to muscle the distance, OR they FREQUENTLY have to combat the inevitable SNAFUS that arise as the laps go on, such as "failing" steering, shocks (or brakes!) or burned off tires (just a few of 2304829348203 examples). Therefore, your "argument" would suggest that on any given night that like...75% of the race cars should pull in and "just park it". Uh, okayyy...

I just find this whole debate comical at this point. It's not even a REAL debate..it's far more personal than that OBVIOUSLY. After all, I can't even count the number of times that we've seen drivers "move" a car that is "in their way" or who is slower etc.... and more often than not, those drivers are "celebrated" or "defended" as being quintessential tough competitors. Ya know, "those guys" are there to WIN, they are aren't dudes who just wanted a sticker for showing up.....yay them! Yet, in this case, with "THIS group" who raced Sunday, despite it now being obvious (or should be!) that there was no premeditated intent in the contact etc., a car who got bumped loose (NOT put on the hook) is pretty much the end of the world.

Sounds to me like THE TRUTH probably is that some of you folks aren't really mad that Caleb Armstrong "crashed" (bumped) anyone ...instead, you appear to be actually be mad because Caleb Armstrong showed up and crashed "your" pavement sprint car party. Sorry, folks... he'll be there all year...or at any race track where there is a race to be had and he has a car to run.

4/29/14, 11:52 AM   #23
Matt1423

Know for a fact that it isn't beneath Aaron pierce to do the same thing so don't know what his problem is. Same excuse he had too

3 members like this post: fish, LUCKYONE, Mrs.Goacher5g
4/29/14, 12:51 PM   #24
snoopy

Wonder where all the cars were. Just reread the posts. Hoss90 be glad you left the series. It is not fun like it was. I wish my pavement car was gone. After reading the last three days I'm ready to park it, and sunday didn't cost me anything.

4/29/14, 3:12 PM   #25
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

First of all, glad to see you back Lauren even if for just one post. I for one miss seeing your detailed, logical posts in this crazy world. Don't be a stranger. I now know someone is looking over my shoulder. Lurker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anderson Speedway to my knowledge has always had local police providing sercurity during the racing season. Rick Dawson, owner of the speedway, has done this since he has taken over. Before that, I believe that the previous owners also provided security in case of trouble.

Though I was standing at the fence up above, I saw Aaron go over and say something to Caleb but the conversation was brief and it certainly didn't look like security had to do anything. Drivers always seem to work out their issues and I am sure that these two will also. I would think that they have a great deal of respect for one another.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: Honest-Sam, Lauren Besecker, LUCKYONE, RacinBabe
4/29/14, 3:52 PM   #26
RacinFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Besecker View Post
Gosh...this is special.

OBVIOUSLY the kid could slow the car down to some degree, otherwise the "taps" that occurred in the race that ya'll are whining about would have been race cars punted to the parking lot...or he would have never been able to stop his car at the end of the race to collect his trophy. Plus, the idea that everyone in front of him held perfect lines so he didn't have any MAJOR "challenges" to his lack of brakes is just silly. Quit with the dramatics.

That being said, let's stick with FACTS again: Many, if not MOST, drivers race races, finish races, AND WIN RACES with cars that are less than optimal in handling. "The perfect car" for the start of a race, MUCH LESS for the DURATION of a race, is a rarity...if that were the case, all of us Internet Geniuses would be trying to win RACES, not message board squabbles. Instead, the reality is that race car drivers are such BECAUSE they can overcome the "habits" of these finicky, often evil machines. Race drivers ROUTINELY deal with wicked set-ups out of the box that they have to muscle the distance, OR they FREQUENTLY have to combat the inevitable SNAFUS that arise as the laps go on, such as "failing" steering, shocks (or brakes!) or burned off tires (just a few of 2304829348203 examples). Therefore, your "argument" would suggest that on any given night that like...75% of the race cars should pull in and "just park it". Uh, okayyy...

I just find this whole debate comical at this point. It's not even a REAL debate..it's far more personal than that OBVIOUSLY. After all, I can't even count the number of times that we've seen drivers "move" a car that is "in their way" or who is slower etc.... and more often than not, those drivers are "celebrated" or "defended" as being quintessential tough competitors. Ya know, "those guys" are there to WIN, they are aren't dudes who just wanted a sticker for showing up.....yay them! Yet, in this case, with "THIS group" who raced Sunday, despite it now being obvious (or should be!) that there was no premeditated intent in the contact etc., a car who got bumped loose (NOT put on the hook) is pretty much the end of the world.

Sounds to me like THE TRUTH probably is that some of you folks aren't really mad that Caleb Armstrong "crashed" (bumped) anyone ...instead, you appear to be actually be mad because Caleb Armstrong showed up and crashed "your" pavement sprint car party. Sorry, folks... he'll be there all year...or at any race track where there is a race to be had and he has a car to run.
Well I have to disagree, Could really give two sh3ts wether he shows up...........I just wonder why the long winded lecture how they were not going to tolerate that kind of driving so my conclusion is its open season on rough rideing???

4/29/14, 6:13 PM   #27
monkeyboy

Anyone ready for turn one of the lil five yet? More non wing racing at Angola saturday and Spartan in Michigan Friday

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USSA Sprints at Anderson on Sunday