IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo and Kokomo
7/4/22, 12:09 AM   #1
Flo and Kokomo
flagboy55

So on the running thread today about the activity at Indiana’s Baddest Bullring, someone asked if Kokomo was still on Flo. Obviously they’re not. Getting info on streaming deals appears to be ultra mega top secret classified data. But maybe some of our IOW operatives might be able to leak the reason why they’re no longer on the deal?

1 member likes this post: oppweld
7/4/22, 2:15 AM   #2
Re: Flo and Kokomo
erich45

Did Flo ever cover any events at Kokomo that weren't USAC sanctioned? I don't recall any.
Last edited by erich45; 7/4/22 at 2:18 AM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/4/22, 2:45 AM   #3
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Flo covered the Kokomo Klash last year if my memory serves me right.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
7/4/22, 6:17 AM   #4
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich45 View Post
Did Flo ever cover any events at Kokomo that weren't USAC sanctioned? I don't recall any.
Kokomo used to be shown live on what was Speedshift. Without knowing the details, Speedshift was bought by Flo, I believe. I don’t recall how recent it was but their regular programs were shown on Flo after that.
Last edited by JMA1181; 7/4/22 at 6:19 AM.

2 members like this post: erich45, tirespinner
7/4/22, 7:17 AM   #5
Tk04

All races were on Flo last year at kokomo, this year other than the usac races, will not be.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/4/22, 9:57 AM   #6
jonboat15

Sounds like the track wants to GYATK instead of watching them on TV. I think more tracks will follow their lead in the future.

3 members like this post: ISF, Scott Daloisio, tirespinner
7/4/22, 10:28 AM   #7
flagboy55

I still say that streaming doesn’t hurt the gate in any tangible fashion. Far greater factors in play now, really ever since the plandemic. I still say it’s a great advertisement for your track to thousands of people across the country who might never see it. I would bet they would’ve done big numbers last night had they still been on Flo.

6 members like this post: chrismattlin, dstensland, duel, luckybuc97, racenut69, tj39
7/4/22, 1:21 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

I was told Flo chose not to renew the contract. My guess is not enough quality crew to be everywhere. Streaming has effected crowds. That is why most don't do it. I think you need to see streaming deals compensating tracks more for the product. It also wouldn't bother me to have a 100 mile blackout area.

6 members like this post: flagboy55, oldfan49, oppweld, spankytoo, tirespinner, Tk04
7/5/22, 4:28 PM   #9
flagboy55

Interesting Brent. You know it’s been said many times, and myself and Merrillville Al were talking yesterday that the locals don’t support the speedway anyhow. I’ve had folks tell me that more people come to the speedway from an hour away or farther than come from less, so the blackout really might not affect who you think it should. The whole streaming thing is just a very complex topic. Someone is making money or they wouldn’t do it, right?

1 member likes this post: Scott Daloisio
7/5/22, 5:28 PM   #10
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
It also wouldn't bother me to have a 100 mile blackout area.
There’s gonna be a few who who are now spoiled watching on Flo from their climate controlled home. Not me, I want to be at the track for all the things we love ( rumbling sounds in your chest, seeing friends, interacting with the drivers, etc. ) However there’s folks that are sick, injured, elderly, and just physically unable to attend. We have enough regulations and restrictions in this country. Let’s not add more please.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo and Kokomo