IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
WingedFan2019 (Offline)
  #1 8/11/19 11:33 AM
Buddies of mine were debating which is a bigger event I was saying Knoxville andthey’re saying Kokomo, It’s a 50/50 split decision between my friends so I thought I’d bring the question here
2 Likes: flagboy55, tirespinner
robert gatten (Offline)
  #2 8/11/19 12:14 PM
no brainer. Y could put all the people that go to smackdown into one half of the front stretch grandstand at Knoxville.
3 Likes: chrismattlin, flagboy55, tirespinner
ryan84 (Offline)
  #3 8/11/19 12:15 PM
Hands down it's the Knoxville Nationals without any questions. I prefer non wing racing, but no bigger dirt race than Knoxville Nationals.
4 Likes: chrismattlin, flagboy55, PJ Wright, tirespinner
HoosierMikey (Offline)
  #4 8/11/19 1:12 PM
Originally Posted by robert gatten:
no brainer. Y could put all the people that go to smackdown into one half of the front stretch grandstand at Knoxville.

I agree with that about the number of people at smackdown in half the front stretch at knoxville. However the racing at the smackdown will be much better. IMO.
9 Likes: Blackduce, captrat, Daisy's dad, dirtnonwingfan, FEATHERDUSTER, Hammer, LUCKYONE, oppweld, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #5 8/11/19 2:14 PM
Really is not even close. Although I have considered the Smackdown our Nationals for sometime it is just a fraction of what Knoxville is. They sold out the place Saturday and that’s over 20,000 tickets. I think Kokomo would be happy to sell one quarter of that. And I have to agree with the previous poster that the racing at Kokomo will most likely exceed what we saw at Knoxville, but the event isn’t in the same league. Knoxville is the biggest dirt track race in the world. But I would like to interject an observation that was somewhat talked about in another thread. You most likely aren’t going to see Kyle Larson, or Jeff Gordon among others walking around Kokomo, but it’s not hard to see the attention that their celebrity brings to the sport. I sure wish they would give true sprint cars a boost
6 Likes: EBookerFan, mc/rider, nathans1012, oppweld, rapid robert, tirespinner
Non wing lover (Offline)
  #6 8/11/19 3:52 PM
Right now it's Knoxville it's an established event been going on for what 50 years? Smackdown kinda still in its infancy it will come around me personally love kokomo
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #7 8/11/19 4:17 PM
I’ll agree it is probably some of the best racing in the world but when it comes to “events” smackdown probably isn’t even in the top 10
4 Likes: bighd0522, nathans1012, ronmil, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #8 8/11/19 4:34 PM

Ron Miller
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #9 8/11/19 5:37 PM
Originally Posted by Non wing lover:
Right now it's Knoxville it's an established event been going on for what 50 years? Smackdown kinda still in its infancy it will come around me personally love kokomo
59 years. Next year in 2020 will be the 60th Annual race. Just saying.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #10 8/11/19 7:07 PM
Top two Sprint Car Races are the Knoxville Nationals & the Kings Royal!! Especially after expanding the Kings Royal to 4 days this year & next year, too!