IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dirt Track at Edgewater - 6/28. CONSTRUCTION UPDATE. 4 pics.
6/29/19, 11:45 AM   #1
Dirt Track at Edgewater - 6/28. CONSTRUCTION UPDATE. 4 pics.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Dirt Track at Edgewater
Construction UPDATE
June 28th.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, FishBurger, motorhead748
8/7/19, 2:37 PM   #2
Re: Dirt Track at Edgewater - 6/28. CONSTRUCTION UPDATE. 4 p
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Stopped by last weekend, They have wall from the entry too three too the exit of two. don't know if the back stretch is to be open or not. A bobcat was working around near the entry to three wall (Safer barrier of some type?)

Got fence poles in about 2/3rds of the wall. PROBLEM is the turn two wall which is built of sections of a jersey type barrier has about six sections that have huge chunk out of them. That will have to be replaced.

SIX telephone poles up, three front straight, three rear with lights and light bars at ready at each to hang. Some clearing back by river for haulers I guess.

Front stretch has about four rows of grandstand the length of it. with more sitting behind, I guess they'll grade upward and add them.

No sign of restrooms or concession but both could be temporarily accommodated.

No Fence hung yet, I noticed that they started with the poles, took em all out then put sleeves in the wall and put em back.

No sign of track caution or red lighting yet either.

They've come a long way these last two months. However I don't see any august racing to be had, Maybe mid/late sept.

But it's looking more like a race track everyday.
Chuck, not knocking anything, just a update

3 members like this post: FishBurger, Kydehart, nathans1012
8/7/19, 4:34 PM   #3
Re: Dirt Track at Edgewater - 6/28. CONSTRUCTION UPDATE. 4 p
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 49

There are existing Concessions and Restrooms already on site (for Drag Strip), just might have to walk a little ways to get to them from the dirt track.

3 members like this post: Bill May, FishBurger, smith19
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dirt Track at Edgewater - 6/28. CONSTRUCTION UPDATE. 4 pics.