IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #51 7/27/22 2:27 PM
Two things i miss the most:
1.) Fast qualifier holding the flag out the window for the National Anthem as the local pace car drove around the track.
2.) Trophy girls in bikinis.+

+All models depicted in this memory are over the age of 18 yrs old.

* No coolers or blankets were harmed during the production of this message.
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69
sw1911 (Offline)
  #52 7/27/22 2:57 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
But if we did know the details, like most other professional organizations provide, then this whole conversation wouldnt have happened, correct?
In a word, most of us expect a reasonable amount of transparency and fairness when it comes to alleged favoritism and failure to enforce rules. This is where USAC seems challenged. It tried on the tire doping deal but that one fell off the table as well.

"Organizations become shadows of their leaders". Dr. Larry Senn
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, TNRustler
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #53 7/27/22 4:21 PM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:
1.) Fast qualifier holding the flag out the window for the National Anthem as the local pace car drove around the track.

Who was that model that was always at Ascot and some other CRA races with legs longer than most drivers were tall?

Charles Nungester
erich45 (Offline)
  #54 7/27/22 4:28 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Who was that model that was always at Ascot and some other CRA races with legs longer than most drivers were tall?
Leslee Bremmer?
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, CRA91, interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, oppweld
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #55 7/27/22 4:28 PM
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73:

Talk about going off topic Yes, bring back the bikini girls! You still see them further out west and in PA. Every track needs a princess in victory lane, and I'm not talking about Leary either

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
8 Likes: bighd0522, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, JarrettFarms73, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, snowdrift
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #56 7/27/22 4:30 PM
Originally Posted by erich45:
Leslee Bremmer?
Bingo

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: erich45, JarrettFarms73, oppweld
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #57 7/27/22 4:35 PM
Leslee Bremmer?
ok, I had to google that name and Ascot. Holy

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, CRA91, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, luckybuc97
CRA91 (Offline)
  #58 7/27/22 5:24 PM
Leslee Bremmer?
Ascot had a couple of other trophy girls that were very easy on the eyes as well but can't remember their names.

Terry James Jr.
JarrettFarms73 (Offline)
  #59 7/27/22 5:34 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Talk about going off topic Yes, bring back the bikini girls! You still see them further out west and in PA. Every track needs a princess in victory lane, and I'm not talking about Leary either
LOL i’m not even sure what caused it. Only thing i can think of is there’s a post going around of a Winston Cup Monte Carlo (Harry Gant i think) compared to the street version. That made me think of the McGonigals pace car from the Lipke days @ Kokomo. Although i think that was actually an Olds Cutlass w/ T-Tops. Dunno. Haha
2 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #60 7/27/22 8:59 PM
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak:
Well, after reading all of your opinions on suspensions and such...how about this - USAC is losing its star power - Courtney, Windom, KTJ, Hunter, Zeb, etc......they really cannot afford to suspend the drivers who bring in the fans....its a business decision for them as they are not the once powerful organization they one were. I am a devout USAC supporter but also see that facts.....and the facts are that they cnnot afford to drive teams away....so they turn a blinf eye to it.

also, a second point - what if a team had brought a potential corporate sponsor to the event and the sponsor saw the kung fu act and decided he didn't want his company's name associated with the series.....sometime a person's actions can hurt others and they don't even think about that.
Gene I usually agree fully with the posts you make. Your second point is spot on. You lose me on your first point. It’s a good business decision to not do what’s right?? If their business model is this bad then maybe it’s time to be done. Changes are coming and maybe their business model will work better.