IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Look What Happens
7/4/22, 2:14 PM   #11
Re: Look What Happens
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Did it last year Bub,ring up Devils Tower in Wyoming also.
I did the same thing last year Dick, see I can name call also. Gas also wasn't $5.00 a gallon last year.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
7/4/22, 2:34 PM   #12
openwheelfan1

I may be wrong (not unusual) but I doubt the IN tracks running against Husets will have much impact on the car count at Husets. The one team that I suspect may opt to stay in IN and race MSCS that might have gone out west is the KO Motorsports team. I don’t know that they aren’t going, but with Chase Stockon leading MSCS points and being 7th in USAC points and JMac 11th in USAC points, it wouldn’t surprise me if they stay and race in IN.

While I applaud Matt Wood for taking a risk and attempting to further midget and non-wing sprint racing, I fear this event faces an uphill struggle again this year due to fuel costs and overall inflation. With Husets located approx. 750 miles from Indianapolis, teams are likely facing a $1200-1500 fuel bill for the round trip. Even with the recently released modified payout (which I think is a good thing!) for most teams this is a going to be a very expensive, money losing weekend.

3 members like this post: ginblueearth, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
7/4/22, 2:49 PM   #13
Josh Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
50 cars plus at LPS when some cooperation between tracks happens. Big car counts and large crowds. Conversely, Indiana tracks taking a swing at USAC this weekend by running 5 grand to win races at Gas City and Kokomo, against the USAC Nationals at Husets. To be clear, I would have no problem with them running regular shows because a lot of locals most likely wouldn’t make the trip anyway, but to run specials is blatant disrespect to the sanction that probably provides these tracks with their biggest races of the year
Just to clear somethings up, the Darland Memorial has AlWAYS been the same weekend as when USAC went to Wisconsin this year, so Kokomo rescheduled it for this weekend coming up since Wisconsin is close. So they scheduled it for this coming up weekend thinking that the people that are going to Husets will go and the ones who aren’t going will not and there is huge difference in distance between the two! Kokomo does a really good job to work with other sanctions and tracks. Nobody bitched when Putnimville and Lawrenceburg ran a regular show with sprints during midget week? We try to work with other tracks/sanctions, but sometimes it’s just not going to work out and I believe there will be a good amount of cars at both tracks.

Thanks, Josh Spencer

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, JarrettFarms73, PIT CART, TBONE, tirespinner
7/4/22, 3:21 PM   #14
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
I did the same thing last year Dick, see I can name call also. Gas also wasn't $5.00 a gallon last year.
Stay classy there in your Parts Unknown. Your tag line says it all.

3 members like this post: racenut69, Rpracing1, tirespinner
7/4/22, 3:25 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just saying this coming weekend as well as this one and last, I've been at home. I think it's is good for GC and Kokomo the other three tracks running sat may suffer. at least two will. It's a damn shame too when just getting to the local tack cost twice what the gate is. Local track being a 85mi round trip..

I realize tracks schedule over six months in advance in some cases and im blaming nobody. But the 25 dollar tank full for a car is now 85 and the 5 dollar wendys with fries is now 10. Im f'd and Im sure Im not the only one.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69
7/4/22, 3:57 PM   #16
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Without doing any research aren't you the same poster that went on the same rant last year and a year or two before with the Cornbelt Nationals? Nothing is said when the Eastern Storm is running.
I'll bet the ones running Friday & Saturday will be happy to be open & Welcome competitors & fans a like.
BTW we will be at both tracks this coming weekend and home Sunday Night to watch the Husets on Sunday Night.
Oh,BTW if you haven't been to Mt Rushmore,you'll be pretty close.🏁🏁
Im calling you out, If your from Hoosierville you may be closer to Rushmore but your not pretty close

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69, tirespinner
7/4/22, 5:37 PM   #17
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Good for you Richard,it was a nice trip wasn't it?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/4/22, 7:23 PM   #18
PIT CART

Glad to see Indiana having some high paying races. The cost to drive to Hussets from north east Indiana in a vehicle that gets 25 mpg is expensive. I can’t imagine what the cost is for a team to travel that far with the tolls in Illinois and fuel cost.

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, tirespinner, Tk04
7/4/22, 10:22 PM   #19
oldfan49

There are enough cars to go around. I see it as a win - win. There are many teams who can not afford the trip and/or know they don't have the funds to be competitive with the big money teams. Some don't have the motors that will be needed at Hussets.

What's so bad about them having a chance to shine and run for some big money while the better funded teams are away with the large distance ? Whats so bad about the fans who cant afford to travel having a chance to see some great racing and see some teams up front they normally see up front?

I know of at least one Kansas City based team that evaluated the options and decided Indiana is their best option. My only regret is I won't be able to see the Indiana races.
Last edited by oldfan49; 7/4/22 at 10:24 PM.

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, tirespinner, Tk04
7/5/22, 12:26 AM   #20
Tk04

This weekend will give some smaller teams a bigger chance at $$ since usac is out west.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, PIT CART, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Look What Happens