IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR Trucks @ Eldora-OT
7/23/14, 11:31 PM   #31
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhostOfOpperman View Post
Not a chance. This crowd was much bigger.
Well I don't know exact figures but if we go off the half pot, which usually is a descent indicator of the amount of people there, it was 16k higher at the royal and they ran out of tickets. Maybe the truck fans didn't want to spend the money but just pointing out an observation.

7/24/14, 7:01 AM   #32
Re: NASCAR Trucks @ Eldora-OT
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
Well I don't know exact figures but if we go off the half pot, which usually is a descent indicator of the amount of people there, it was 16k higher at the royal and they ran out of tickets. Maybe the truck fans didn't want to spend the money but just pointing out an observation.
I do believe the truck crowd was bigger. The King Royal pot was added into from last year when the 50/50 winning ticket never showed up

7/24/14, 7:14 AM   #33
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Nascrap or napcar is still just what it is! Being on dirt helps but not much! Have no interest in watching it!

7/24/14, 7:34 AM   #34
PJ Wright

I watched it last year out of curiosity and enjoyed the novelty of it. I started watching last night and after about ten minutes of listening to Parsons/Waltrip I had to hit the mute button. That helped, but only a little. I finally gave up and turned it off before the feature.
I'm sure a lot of folks enjoyed it and I'm glad for them, but it's just not for me.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, scottyCbus, SOROKACH35FAN
7/24/14, 7:53 AM   #35
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

I made it through the 1st segment then fell asleep before the 2nd one started .

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, jim goerge
7/24/14, 9:12 AM   #36
miledirt

I thought the final segment was great

7/24/14, 9:22 AM   #37
Newport13

Race Count This Year: 2

Gonna be a long day for the track crew putting back up the walls around the track after Kyle Larson's last segment. Definitely made for an entertaining finish.

7/24/14, 9:22 AM   #38
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wallace was strong, Ran a good clean race and won.

The show however was Larson, Not running points, He was there to win and nothing else. Reminded me of Vogler bouncing the wall getting everything he could out of a car there on a Four crown Sunday or Jac Haudenschild finding speed where you don't think is possible and driving a line half a lane higher than anyone else is willing to try..

I think Larsons wheel and toe were probably so far out of alignment by lap 30 of that last 40 lap segment it was probably un-drivable for most. But he still closed in and put pressure on.

I grew up watching three classes, learned to love em all when I knew the participants. And seen some great racing in all the classes.

Just because the racing is at 85mph instead of 120 doesn't mean it has to be boring. I think the fact that somebody was there, Trying to win, NO MATTER WHAT, Made it extremely interesting to me. Some were there point racing and tenth was fine for them. NOT FOR LARSON!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/24/14 at 9:23 AM.

5 members like this post: 38DD, davidm, dkdorkboy, ISF, wright59
7/24/14, 9:32 AM   #39
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Huge crowd but smaller than the King's Royal this year.
Agree the crowd was a little bigger at the Royal.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, scottyCbus
7/24/14, 9:34 AM   #40
ISF

We aren't NASCAR fans but we found the Eldora truck race very entertaining. It is puzzling how any objective dirt oval track racing fan would not enjoy the racing last night. Preconceived notions or bias notwithstanding.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Gregg
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR Trucks @ Eldora-OT