IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Was the Expo a Success?
2/1/09, 11:38 AM   #1
Was the Expo a Success?
Motormasher

Does anybody know if the Expo at the Fairgrounds was a success or not? How was parts/cars selling? Top dollar? Given stuff away or just normal?

Wish I could have went.

2/1/09, 1:16 PM   #2
Re: Was the Expo a Success?
old timer

I was there and I thought the crowd was down,some parts selling. Good time to visit!

2/1/09, 2:23 PM   #3
PIT CART

I bought some stuff. It was hard to buy because the people selling was busy talking to there friends instead of taking your money. Oh well I will go back next year for sure.
Kevin

2/1/09, 4:27 PM   #4
Racer12

I think the crowd was good, but sales were down according to all that I spoke to. I did not get hardly any interest in my stuff at all.

Bob Shutt

2/1/09, 6:37 PM   #5
sprntr

I found some good buys, wish I hadn't had to wade through so much stockcar/mortified stuff, but we had a great time.

2/1/09, 6:57 PM   #6
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I think they paid the same for their spaces as everyone else did. Sorry you felt they shouldnt have been there

2/1/09, 8:43 PM   #7
ajb6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
I think they paid the same for their spaces as everyone else did. Sorry you felt they shouldnt have been there
There are alot of modifieds in central & southern Indiana. Having "Modified Row" draws alot of people that wouldn't normally come, both vendors & racers. It was good to see some of our friends from both the modifieds & sprint cars. We're all racers. It's always good to do anything involving racing in the middle of winter!

2/1/09, 10:06 PM   #8
GOFOBROKE

I personally want to thank everyone who stopped by the Vermilion County Speedway booth. It was great to hear all of the positive interest in the 2009 season. If you didn't get a chance to sign up for our mailing list just log onto our website at www.vermilioncountyspeedway.us and go to the feedback page to sign up.

It was great to meet all of you and if some of the conversations we had were any indication of the upcoming season, it will be some great racing.

2/2/09, 12:44 AM   #9
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
I didn't say that they shouldn't be there. I would like to see those vendors clustered in that "Modified Row" that was advertised.

Either way, I WILL be back next year as I was last year...

2/2/09, 2:34 AM   #10
dirtshirt

This was the first time I was at this show. I had a great time .The staff was very helpfull.The crowd was good .I will return for this show. Also got to meet a few friends from other places. I gave the vintage poster to D O. First time I had met him in person.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Was the Expo a Success?