IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Was the Expo a Success?
2/2/09, 7:35 PM   #21
Re: Was the Expo a Success?
john3g

Just a fat boy talking but I would have gave the outrageous price of $4.50 for hot dog during the auction part of the sale. So how about a food vender that stayed open during the whole deal and a fair priced one would be nice. Just my gut talking again..

2/3/09, 9:35 AM   #22
sprinterfan

CRANKIN: Going off of your screen name, sprinterfan, makes me wonder? Just what exactly was it that you were there to purchase from our non-"display show" vendors? As far as the concession stand: I do want to make clear that we have NOTHING to do with them! They are a fairgrounds deal. I totally agree that $4.50 for a hot dog is ridiculous (I did not look at the prices, but I'll take your word for it)! We had a couple of issues with the concession folks this year. So along with our concerns, we will bring up this issue too, when we meet this week.

I wasn't there to purchase anything. I had a booth. Thats why I thought it was a display show. Not just from our experience, but from other booths comments, I don't think anyone was buying anything. At least not over by our booths. (which was closer to the concessions) Probably didn't have enough money cuz of the concession costs. But all in all a good show. Theres not a hot dog or buyer going to keep me from going year in and year out. jmo

2/3/09, 11:21 AM   #23
KRJoyce1

As far as people buying, I was pretty pleased overall as a vendor. I equaled last years numbers on Saturday, and with orders, will beat last year. And some of my customers were eating hot-dogs too, so I guess that didn't effect them too much....:rolling

With the current economy, I was pretty happy overall with the results. Going into the day, I really wondered how it might be. :thumb

Keep up the good and hard work Craig & Tia

2/3/09, 11:44 AM   #24
Motormasher

Wow guys this is some great feedback. Sounds like I need to get a booth next year and sell some hamburgers, hotdogs, chilli etc and bring some cash .....LOL.

Really a pretty good idea huh? ThinK I could make enough to finance my team for the year?:O: Just kidden....

Does sound like everyone had a good time. Racing is great isn't it?:applaud:

2/3/09, 6:25 PM   #25
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Craig, the one thing I have learned... Some people just don't ******* get it. you are always going to get complaints from someone not matter how good something is.

While I was unable to make the show, and I am 100% postive that Craig Dori did everything he could to make it the best show possible.

Congrats on a great show... and I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it. Hoepfully I can visit in 2010:confused:

2/4/09, 11:36 AM   #26
champcar50

I had a booth at the show and I wanted to add my 2 cents worth. The staff was very helpful in helping us get set up. My booth was just like last year no surprizes. I sold about the same dollar amount as last year. I have sold $200 since the show to people that looked there and called and bought parts. Overall I think a very good show and a bargain at the price. I plan on going back next year. Thanks Craig and staff for all your hard work
Jack

2/4/09, 6:27 PM   #27
AsianPersuasian

I thought the Expo was great...so much sprint car stuff in one area

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Was the Expo a Success?