IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Newbie to site
10/23/15, 8:39 AM   #1
Newbie to site
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

I am from Northern Illinois and I follow the IRA, my home track is Wilmot Raceway, Wilmot, WI. I am looking to expand my horizons and get as much information on non wing tracks, races, special shows, etc.. for 2016. I have a camping trailer and am looking to attend some races this year. What, where, who, is the best link to get some of this information? When do schedules usually come out? Any and all information like this is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

10/23/15, 8:54 AM   #2
Re: Newbie to site
jim goerge

Maddog Welcome to the best racing site in the world. Most of the non wing schedules usac mscs etc. come out round first of the year. Information on tracks your best bet would be to go to that tracks web site, and you'll also see their specials. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

10/23/15, 9:17 AM   #3
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

Thanks Jim

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/23/15, 10:17 AM   #4
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Maddog, I'm fairly new to the site myself and have loved it since joining. Many kind individuals willing to update all of us on races we aren't able to attend for various reasons reside on this site, and there are always people that are more than happy to give you information on camping, nearby hotels, nearby restaurants, and many other aspects of all the tracks around Indiana and some of our surrounding states. I'll contribute a bit to your expanding venture into sprints: Indiana Sprint Week if you haven't already heard of it, it's typically in the middle of July and is one of, if not the best, week here in Indiana regarding racing. Hope you find this site as useful and enjoyable as I have!

10/23/15, 12:47 PM   #5
flagboy55

Maddog, you can pretty much park your camper at kokomo and live in dirt track bliss all season long!

10/23/15, 1:16 PM   #6
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

You'll not find a nicer group then what you have here. Helpful, friendly and very passionate about their racing!

10/23/15, 1:27 PM   #7
revjimk

Welcome Maddog. I'm relatively new here myself, have gotten lots of good info here. Got hooked on wingless on my way to Knoxville at Haubstadt 3 yrs. ago, been going to Kokomo Smackdown last 2 years (3 nites of racing!) Wish I could fit Sprint Week into my schedule....

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, maddog53
10/23/15, 2:27 PM   #8
racinrich

Welcome Maddog. I live in central Wisconsin and discovered Indiana racing about 25 years ago. In that time I have seen the greatest drivers and racing imaginable. For me the "must see" events are : Midget Week (5 nights) in mid June, Sprint Week (7 nights) mid July and the Kokomo Smackdown (3 nights) in late August. All of the tracks allow camping and you will meet the nicest people in the world. If you have any questions the people on IOW will be happy to answer them.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, maddog53
10/23/15, 5:21 PM   #9
badcoupe

Anything midget or sprint week and any race at Kokomo are hard to beat. Lawrenceburg or the burg as it's known is a beautiful modern facility with great racing at every show. Gas city was always exciting but has been semi closed and only ran selected events this last season. There's nothing like openwheel racing in Indiana, great tracks good shows and always the cream of the crop driver wise.

10/23/15, 5:55 PM   #10
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

If you have not been before you need to attend three champ car races at the midwestern miles.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Newbie to site