IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Suggestion for the Racesavers
7/16/22, 10:51 PM   #1
Suggestion for the Racesavers
badcoupe

Get a horn, when the track is ready give ‘em two minutes to get up there. Here at circle city track is calling for cars and all the drivers are standing at turn 4 looking at track. This went on for awhile, delayed the show by at least 15 minutes. If you’re not in the chute you go to tail like every other series, ridiculous.

4 members like this post: Jonr, PIT CART, progressive22, TQ29m
7/17/22, 10:46 AM   #2
sjracer26

Race Count Last Year: 18

We ran our B-main, dash, and A-main all back to back. There was a little confusion as the TQs at one point we're supposed to have a B-main in there as well.

Apologies for the delay. Hope you had a good night.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66
7/17/22, 10:39 PM   #3
Re: Suggestion for the Racesavers
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
Get a horn, when the track is ready give ‘em two minutes to get up there.
You've obviously never had to get in a sprint car.

Head and neck restraint device, head sock, helmet, belts, someone to tighten you, and someone to push you up to the staging area.

This takes time. USAC does well with the 8 minute rule but people still get bit by it occasionally.

Sprint cars are so adjustable, teams are just guessing to make their car right for the feature. Having the opportunity to view the track before the main event sure is a luxury.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, Offroadrace_814, sjracer26
7/18/22, 10:33 AM   #4
TQ29m

While I agree with what you say, getting strapped in in ANY open wheel car, takes the same procedures, those of us who aren't blessed with a large crew, usually know our limits as to how much lead time to make the lineup as requested, to drag your feet to get "one more look at the track" is foolish, if you'll strapin and be ready, you soon be "on the track" and get a feel of it, first hand. When I was still driving, usually my wife was the only pit crew I had, so we usually were close to the front of the line, and how many of you out there, have heard me ask, "could you please tuck me in"?, and we thank you for that help, and we always tried to return the favor, as we should, yes, we had to give up something just to race, so we did our best to not hold up others. And if you never strapped in a race car, sitting in one is intimidating the first time, the suiting up and really makes you wonder, and when that push vehicle bumps your bumper, and the vibrations from it start to go thru you body, another thought goes thru your mind, do I really want to do this! My first actual start was at a track in Illinois, and they were equipped to push off, I remember it well, by the time I actually got off the brake, and the fuel on and the ign on, I was already going way faster than I felt comfortable going, but by the time we got to where the push truck was going to leave, I had calmed a bit, and was finally able to pull away from the Jeep! And BADCOUPE has suited up many times.
Last edited by TQ29m; 7/18/22 at 11:24 AM.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
7/18/22, 7:14 PM   #5
badcoupe

They were mostly standing at turn 4 looking at track long after track prep was open. Tower was calling for cars for a solid 5-7 minutes no one was in the line chute. Yes, I know how long it takes to get in a car and strapped in. They should’ve run the tq’s between the B and A.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
7/18/22, 8:22 PM   #6
Re: Suggestion for the Racesavers
Jonr

Once again, every track should have a curfew. Even if it is a self-imposed curfew. When you are at a track with a curfew, you learn. You either miss your race or your main event gets shortened. Only happens once and you learn.

As far as studying the track, one of my friends once said, "It is round and dirt. Just like it has been all season long. You guys just think too much."

6 members like this post: billw, Oleman61x, PIT CART, RACrappieman, Speedwrench, TQ29m
7/18/22, 10:45 PM   #7
sjracer26

Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
They were mostly standing at turn 4 looking at track long after track prep was open. Tower was calling for cars for a solid 5-7 minutes no one was in the line chute. Yes, I know how long it takes to get in a car and strapped in. They should’ve run the tq’s between the B and A.
There were lots of other drivers there besides the Racesavers. Several of ours were getting strapped in. There were a few we had to run down though. I can honestly say this is the first time we had a delay at any track caused by us. It was suggested at one point to run the TQ feature first to give everyone some extra time, but that idea was shot down by powers outside the Racesavers. Again sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you enjoyed the show regardless of the small delay and will join us again at a race down the road. (If you do, reach out to me ahead of time and I'll cover you a pit pass for that race.)
-Alfred Galedrige Jr.
Last edited by sjracer26; 7/18/22 at 11:06 PM.

3 members like this post: 95KART, Oleman61x, Rochesterdj
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Suggestion for the Racesavers