IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Indiana Midget Week
6/11/13, 10:36 PM   #61
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
Pay the Price or stay or stay home.. Cry Babies!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
Paying clients or race fans in general have every right to express their feelings either positive or negative. How else can things change for the better if their concerns aren't made known? Eventually things will change if people continue to voice their concerns but the "pay it or don't go" theory gets nothing done. Don't ever take any of these post serious.. They're not a personnel attack on your preference of venue's or series.. Have great weekend wherever you go.. I just hope that it's worth the price of admission for you because after all, at the end of the day, your the only one that has to justify it to yourself. Oh, it should be a great race as long as the track isn't rough or so dusty you can't see a thing and that my friends is the real question....

Posted via Mobile Device

6/11/13, 10:53 PM   #62
hoosier race fan

Interesting to see people complain about gas prices, then turn around and read people criticizing others for not wanting to spend $25 a night to watch midget week. What is the difference between gouging consumers at the pump, or at the gate? Not necessarily saying that's what is happening here, but $25 seems like a bit of an increase over what I paid to go just a few years ago. The pay it or don't go attitude is what leads to empty stands and closed racetracks. Same way with car counts. The "all that show up will be there" approach can lead to shows not being on the schedule next year. Hopefully these shows will be well supported by both racers and fans.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/11/13, 10:57 PM   #63
PAW

The truth Hurts??

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, scottyCbus
6/11/13, 11:14 PM   #64
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-Indiana Midget Week
Flatrightrear

I can't get too upset with whatever the admission price is when 5 bucks equals a gallon and a quarter of gas. Getting to any Indiana track from Evansville, outside of Haubstadt, requires a certain amount of money just for fuel. As long as it's a competitive race on a well prepared surface and the hot dogs aren't cold I won't complain. I don't mind somebody making money on the races as there will be no races to go to if they don't. Honestly, if you factor in all the work good owners/promoters do during the racing season and then add in all the off-season work of maintaining the facility and all that that entails I doubt those people are making much per hour. I check out Haubstadt a few times during the off-season and I see Tommy painting, cleaning, doing mechanical work on the push vehicles, he and Loris hanging banners, etc. Blake is right there with him and I applaud their efforts and all racetrack people who work their butts off and give me a place to drink some beer, chat with friends and scream my senseless head off when the action gets cookin. So make lots of money you track people and thank you for all you do.

6/11/13, 11:26 PM   #65
johnnythunderhead
Banned

can I use my rain check from last summers sprint week?

that's right, flatrightrear, the only way earl made any $$$ at Eldora was by picking up beer cans the next morning to take to the scrap dealer (and if you believe that one, I think I have a bridge to sell ya)

lastly, i'm assuming any increase in the cost of admittance is to cover the much larger purse going to the competitors, RIGHT??? RIGHT???
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 6/11/13 at 11:35 PM.

6/11/13, 11:47 PM   #66
treecitytornado

Chris was right. Each night is 3 grand to Win and $275 to start. 30 Lap features.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/12/13, 3:33 AM   #67
johnnythunderhead
Banned

only 3 g's to win? shoot maybe $25.00 is a bit much then/ i'm not much of a woo fan/ they charge pretty good and don't usually offer much passing/ BUT, they do take care of their race teams, they paid $7,500.00 to win a reg show several years ago. question what does usac do with all of the money???

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: bighd0522
6/12/13, 6:44 AM   #68
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-Indiana Midget Week
BrentTFunk

Hey, a weekly show at LPS is $13. The way I see it with sprint cars on the program, I am getting the midgets for $12.

6/12/13, 6:54 AM   #69
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Hey, a weekly show at LPS is $13. The way I see it with sprint cars on the program, I am getting the midgets for $12.
And the modifieds for free!!

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, dirt330, dkdorkboy, jim goerge, Ty
6/12/13, 8:37 AM   #70
colt45

Want great racing for free? Some of the best racing you will ever see happens every Saturday just about 45 miles west of LPS at the "Hulman Mini Speedway" located on 13th st and Lockport Road in Terre Haute. Gate, parking and pit passes are all free. Walk around the grounds and meet these racing stars for free. USAC sprint/midget drivers now like BC/Stanbrough/Dobbs/Fitzpatrick/Morin and even Indy 500 Pole sitter this year Ed Carpenter all raced at THQMA.

Check out the info at www.thqma.com

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Indiana Midget Week