IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > John Andretti passes.
1/31/20, 2:19 AM   #11
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

It’s been a very rough day on me today after hearing the news on John and the Burial of another good guy today because of this horrible disease Rick Heck the promoter of the old Mt Vernon Illinois track, on February 13th I get to go though a surgery as the same as John for the 2nd time in 5 years and as John put it is he worried more about his family than anything else and that’s exactly what I’m going through, this cancer sucks ass and I pray a for sure cure is found before my kids and grandkids have to deal with this terrible disease and hateful world. I’m also somewhat worried about Jim George since I’ve not got an update since his daughter Rachel gave us one rite after his surgery and pray his recovery is coming along well. Sorry for the rant but today has really brought me down! Peace and love!
Rick

1/31/20, 2:23 AM   #12
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
It’s been a very rough day on me today after hearing the news on John and the Burial of another good guy today because of this horrible disease Rick Heck the promoter of the old Mt Vernon Illinois track, on February 13th I get to go though a surgery as the same as John for the 2nd time in 5 years and as John put it is he worried more about his family than anything else and that’s exactly what I’m going through, this cancer sucks ass and I pray a for sure cure is found before my kids and grandkids have to deal with this terrible disease and hateful world. I’m also somewhat worried about Jim George since I’ve not got an update since his daughter Rachel gave us one rite after his surgery and pray his recovery is coming along well. Sorry for the rant but today has really brought me down! Peace and love!
Rick
Also prayers going out to both families!

4 members like this post: oppweld, Puppy, racenut69, tirespinner
1/31/20, 2:34 AM   #13
Re: John Andretti passes.
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
Rick
Stay strong and never give up. You’ve got more green flags laps to watch 🙏

1/31/20, 9:04 AM   #14
tamale wagon

John Andretti at 1985 4 Crown Show at Eldora, someone joking around put a Tom Bigelow sticker over John’s name. Rest in Peace and god bless.

1/31/20, 1:49 PM   #15
TQ29m

RIP John, will always remember you and your cousin, racing go-karts with SIRA around Indiana, you guys were a sight to watch, great family to be friends with, you'll be remembered as racers from the early beginning. Thanks for making us a part of the family. Bob and Peg

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, oppweld, tirespinner
1/31/20, 2:14 PM   #16
Bad Dad 54

Met Jonm yrs ago at Eldora, what a kind man, he treated me like we were long lost friends, I mentioned to him about driving a Top fuel dragster yrs ago. He replied Oh man you remember that, saw him many times at tracks around Ind when I visited, always said hello. I will miss him

1/31/20, 8:22 PM   #17
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

https://youtu.be/4HEb3uAPXTY

Short tribute by USAC

2/1/20, 5:43 AM   #18
jdull99

Short nascar vid -

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...-colon-cancer/
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, mc/rider, tirespinner
2/1/20, 3:04 PM   #19
i love dirt track racing

Our racing family sending our prayers and thoughts to all of the Andretti families. Thanks John for all the great things that you have done for the racing communities. Simply the best. Thanks.
Last edited by i love dirt track racing; 2/1/20 at 3:11 PM.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, tirespinner
2/1/20, 7:09 PM   #20
Roy Bleckert

RIP John #GodSpeed

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > John Andretti passes.