IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mazda partners with Badger Midgets for 2020
1/21/20, 8:39 PM   #11
Re: Mazda partners with Badger Midgets for 2020
dirt40

I wonder how many guys/teams will be bringing Mazda powerplants this year? I love the diversity of this class.

1/21/20, 10:58 PM   #12
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt40 View Post
I wonder how many guys/teams will be bringing Mazda powerplants this year? I love the diversity of this class.
Kevin Olson ran a Mazda last week.

1/23/20, 7:00 PM   #13
copper14

I see all sides of racing.i see the rays side and applaud them for there effort.racing isn't easy,being a promoter or engine provider.i applaud Laverne spencer for the herculien effort he has put into midgets.laverne has a loyal following and he deserves to be in a hall of fame .we ran with umara during the good years.50 cars a night,stands full,famous drivers and I miss those days.i am afraid they will never be back.now morris is loosing stock cars and fans and I don't know about the midgets being there again.there was schedules last year but didnt seem to work out.no reply needed ,just an old guy thinking out loud.cg

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
1/24/20, 2:01 PM   #14
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper14 View Post
I see all sides of racing.i see the rays side and applaud them for there effort.racing isn't easy,being a promoter or engine provider.i applaud Laverne spencer for the herculien effort he has put into midgets.laverne has a loyal following and he deserves to be in a hall of fame .we ran with umara during the good years.50 cars a night,stands full,famous drivers and I miss those days.i am afraid they will never be back.now morris is loosing stock cars and fans and I don't know about the midgets being there again.there was schedules last year but didnt seem to work out.no reply needed ,just an old guy thinking out loud.cg
Big news from Grundy - on the stock cars - I have hope for this promoter team!...& I also HOPE they schedule in some midget races...

Are your cars IRS legal?

I agree about Laverne! He was the ONLY one to consider a place for "stock" engine type midget racing...before it became "cool"...lol

http://www.grundycountyspeedwayonline.com/
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1/29/20, 9:21 PM   #15
dirt40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendirt View Post
Kevin Olson ran a Mazda last week.
I saw that KO was at the Chili Bowl with Mazda on his car. What Mazda engine does he have? Or is it his Ford from last year?

1 member likes this post: jdull99
1/30/20, 8:55 PM   #16
copper14

you ask if my cars are irs legal.when we ran irs my cars were always legal,never was dq ed.my cars now are 410 winged sprint cars and they are not irs legal.i do agree that Laverne spencer is a great guy who has dedicated his life to midget racing.the rays also deserve a standing ovation at aps for their efforts.it takes a special person to put in all that effort to have a race. cg

1/30/20, 9:37 PM   #17
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper14 View Post
you ask if my cars are irs legal.when we ran irs my cars were always legal,never was dq ed.my cars now are 410 winged sprint cars and they are not irs legal.i do agree that Laverne spencer is a great guy who has dedicated his life to midget racing.the rays also deserve a standing ovation at aps for their efforts.it takes a special person to put in all that effort to have a race. cg
Cool! I wasn't aware you had moved to sprints. lol. (& I just meant if you had anything for the current IRS rules - which may or may not be on that website & they may or may not have a rules meeting this winter, idk)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1/31/20, 9:55 AM   #18
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt40 View Post
I saw that KO was at the Chili Bowl with Mazda on his car. What Mazda engine does he have? Or is it his Ford from last year?
Mazda L engine

1 member likes this post: dirtball
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mazda partners with Badger Midgets for 2020