Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Blocking
2/21/20, 11:08 AM   #11
Re: Blocking
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoscalecody View Post
Being honest taking the restrictor plate out will probably not fix it, very likely make the problem worse. I've been playing iRacing for quite a few years, racing mainly pavement Nascar. (May not do everything super realistic, but enough Nascar drivers said it's quite realistic.) They released the Gen 6/Current Nascar and made the Gen 5/CoT have no restrictor plate, so it can now go 250ish. That didn't stop pack racing it just made the pack racing have more violent wrecks, because you're going 50 miles an hour faster, still in a pack. You couldn't pull away from the pack, just like you can't now.

Also if you take the plate out only a few teams are really going have a chance of winning because your car can now go 45-50+ Mph faster and a lot of the teams probably don't have the money or R&D to make an engine that fast. At least now almost any team really has a chance to win at the super speedways, due to draft and pack racing. I could almost guarantee if they took the plate out Larson probably would never win a superspeedway unless he goes to Hendrick, SHR or Gibbs.
Another thing is they're still doing around 200mph at the 1.5 mile tracks, it's not just the Superspeedways.
NASCAR turned the cars into prototypes. Remove all the aero track dragging plastic, the big spoiler and make them look stock again. That will slow the cars down a lot in the turns and make them harder to drive. Rev limiters, harder and smaller tire width could also be used to slow them down.

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, nodoors, PIT CART
2/21/20, 7:32 PM   #12
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoscalecody View Post
Being honest taking the restrictor plate out will probably not fix it, very likely make the problem worse. I've been playing iRacing for quite a few years, racing mainly pavement Nascar. (May not do everything super realistic, but enough Nascar drivers said it's quite realistic.) They released the Gen 6/Current Nascar and made the Gen 5/CoT have no restrictor plate, so it can now go 250ish. That didn't stop pack racing it just made the pack racing have more violent wrecks, because you're going 50 miles an hour faster, still in a pack. You couldn't pull away from the pack, just like you can't now.

Also if you take the plate out only a few teams are really going have a chance of winning because your car can now go 45-50+ Mph faster and a lot of the teams probably don't have the money or R&D to make an engine that fast. At least now almost any team really has a chance to win at the super speedways, due to draft and pack racing. I could almost guarantee if they took the plate out Larson probably would never win a superspeedway unless he goes to Hendrick, SHR or Gibbs.
Another thing is they're still doing around 200mph at the 1.5 mile tracks, it's not just the Superspeedways.
I disagree but you don't see anything except the No Restrictor Plate. The restrictor Plate is only 1 part of the problem. They also need to take some of the Aero Package away to STOP the Bumper To Bumper and Pushing out of the picture and allow the Draft to be Half the straightaway like it was years ago. Also they have to put tire rues in place to keep the cars from reaching speed of 235 plus and force drivers to have to lift in the corners and actually DRIVE the Car to win and NOT be PUSHED to victory.

I could go on but I think you now get the idea

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
2/21/20, 8:19 PM   #13
jdull99

They are called tapered spacers now...………...…......(but I know, they still restrict air tho)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2/21/20, 8:37 PM   #14
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
They are called tapered spacers now...………...…......(but I know, they still restrict air tho)
Yes I know but Restrictor Plates sounds better and is more understandable as to the function of the "Tapered Spacer" Its just another name for RESTRICT THE AIR FLOW or Restrictor Plate

2/22/20, 10:30 AM   #15
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer View Post
Seems to be a lot of NASCAR experts on this board all of a sudden. Thought you guys didn’t watch NASCAR.
And I will add that I’m sure that NAPCAR, with all of their resources, has never even thought or discussed any of these “solutions “ with each other. smh......

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
2/22/20, 1:24 PM   #16
stoney

Who cares. You guys need to go outside and shovel some snow !

2/24/20, 7:09 PM   #17
revjimk

OK, back to blocking. Someone tell me, I haven't followed NASCAR since the 60s. Do they actually have rear view mirrors, or are their spotters telling them whats behind on headsets?

2/24/20, 11:27 PM   #18
chathamracefan

Both and with the full containment seats the spotters virtually drive the cars especially at the super speedways.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Blocking