IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > July 24th trucks at eldora per nascar.com
11/29/12, 2:02 AM   #11
cshuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Kinser99 I disagree. The last thing I want in racing is NASCRAP anywhere near the sprint cars. The last time they got near open wheels, they dang near destroyed the Champ Dirt Cars.
Sooo does that mean you think the present organization is doing a good job with "champ dirt cars?"

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: K-Dawg30
11/29/12, 3:16 AM   #12
Re: July 24th trucks at eldora per nascar.com
K-Dawg30

Lol ^^^^^

11/29/12, 7:18 AM   #13
BIGEBUDMAN

I will be there. Looking forward to it.

1 member likes this post: Russ
11/29/12, 8:45 AM   #14
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Eldora has had (has) how many great events over how many years? The media picks this to fall all over. The Indy Star gives it a story today. They don't give USAC or WoO the time of day for coverage at Eldora (or anywhere for that matter). Because this is a Nascar series, it automatically makes it a huge story in their mind. Media needs to get out more.

They better get some experienced dirt drivers or it will be a wreck-fest IMO.

11/29/12, 8:51 AM   #15
Dez1013

TK was tweeting about racing in it. I'd go if he gets a ride.

11/30/12, 12:55 PM   #16
mr nobody
Banned

Looks like we have the reason why Goodyear couldn't make tires for the WoO and other tracks this past season. They were busy making tires for this boondoggle of an idea.

11/30/12, 12:57 PM   #17
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Sooo does that mean you think the present organization is doing a good job with "champ dirt cars?"

Posted via Mobile Device
The present organization could screw up an anvil with a rubber mallet while in a padded cell while being sedated.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Todd Kimmel
11/30/12, 2:13 PM   #18
chop

The track will be a dry rubber down deal. How would they keep mud of the windshields? Have a monkey ride on the hood and pull off the tear offs? Also if you look at the video at some point it looks likes the truck Tony was driving lost the splitter on the front of the truck.

11/30/12, 2:50 PM   #19
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
The track will be a dry rubber down deal. How would they keep mud of the windshields? Have a monkey ride on the hood and pull off the tear offs? Also if you look at the video at some point it looks likes the truck Tony was driving lost the splitter on the front of the truck.
Wouldn't be the first time a monkey has ridden in NASCAR. Tim Flock had a Rhesus monkey co-driver named "Jocko Flocko" with him in his May 16, 1953 Grand National win at Hickory Motor Speedway. Jocko Flocko became the only winning monkey ever. The monkey was retired two weeks later at Raleigh, where the monkey became scared after looking into the wheel wells. Tim had to do a pit stop to remove the monkey, and he finished third instead of second.

11/30/12, 4:18 PM   #20
ISF

I may be wrong, but I think it's as much who owns Eldora as it is the press fawning over NASCAR racing there.

In regards to the anticipated windshield problems, or more specifically what they'll do to keep them clean, I've never seen the ARCA guys have any problem with that at Springfield or Du Quoin. Granted, Sarge generally has those tracks dry and sealed over, but among the 30 some odd years I've been attending those races, going all the way back to the USAC stock car days, I've seen some pretty heavy tracks and never heard any complaints about it.

Many of the guys used to put a air deflector in front of the driver a little over half the way forward on the hood. Many over the years have ran a windshield wiper on the drivers side, as well. Don't know if NASCAR would allow that kind of stuff these days or not but I'd bet somebody will figure something out.
Last edited by ISF; 11/30/12 at 4:19 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > July 24th trucks at eldora per nascar.com