5/27/18, 11:30 AM   #1
Indy 500 Stream Link
Therealether

http://mail01.tinyletterapp.com/besw...0-e2372b704b2e

He streams most of the IndyCar races.

1 member likes this post: Rich Mersereau
5/27/18, 7:08 PM   #2
Wingman

Little surprised nobody is talking about the race today. I know that there was some passing today. But not as usual indy's. Last several years I have watched or gone to it. I thought the race was phenomenal. Not today. It seemed like it was missing something.
Not a power fan. I lost respect for him after he flipped the fans off few years back when they raced at New Hampshire or Dover. I know it was on the east coast.

5/27/18, 9:23 PM   #3
Re: Indy 500 Stream Link
DRC II

Thanks good tip

5/28/18, 10:35 AM   #4
Therealether

He was flipping off Brian Barnhardt, who was race director at the time, not the fans. He was pissed that they restarted in the rain.
Massive Power fan here. He really showed what he had in '09 driving part time. He and Dixon have got to be two of the best, if not THE best ever. They both can win anywhere, and Excel in challenging conditions. Shane neither got a shot at F1, short of Dixons test years ago.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99
5/28/18, 4:33 PM   #5
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Little surprised nobody is talking about the race today. I know that there was some passing today. But not as usual indy's. Last several years I have watched or gone to it. I thought the race was phenomenal. Not today. It seemed like it was missing something.
Not a power fan. I lost respect for him after he flipped the fans off few years back when they raced at New Hampshire or Dover. I know it was on the east coast.
He didn't flip off the fans, he flipped off Brian Barnhardt and race control because the idiots restarted an oval race in the rain causing a wreck that took him out.

The race was actually pretty good with varying strategy and a hot slick track that was causing drivers to have to adjust and hold on. That nonsense of the past few years where anyone could draft their way to the front is hopefully gone and we are getting back to a car with less downforce and in three years more power with it being put in the drivers and teams hands rather than a easy pass fest.

For those saying nothing happened, there 30 lead changes among 15 drivers and 633 total passes with 428 for position. Last year's race only saw 5 more lead changes among the same number of drivers.

1 member likes this post: spicoli
5/28/18, 6:37 PM   #6
Stevensville Mike

Hats off to Roger Penske's guys for using an alternate strategy to get Power up in front of Carpenter, in clean air, and hold it down. Top shelf finish job, Will!

As for ABC's coverage....... jeez. Did they ever disclaim if Sage Karam lost a wheel or just a tire off of the rim? Seeing that thing bouncing around.... halos? We were staring at another head shot in the making. Luckily it did not happen.

5/29/18, 8:00 PM   #7
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickyard View Post
He didn't flip off the fans, he flipped off Brian Barnhardt and race control because the idiots restarted an oval race in the rain causing a wreck that took him out.

The race was actually pretty good with varying strategy and a hot slick track that was causing drivers to have to adjust and hold on. That nonsense of the past few years where anyone could draft their way to the front is hopefully gone and we are getting back to a car with less downforce and in three years more power with it being put in the drivers and teams hands rather than a easy pass fest.

For those saying nothing happened, there 30 lead changes among 15 drivers and 633 total passes with 428 for position. Last year's race only saw 5 more lead changes among the same number of drivers.
Thanks for the clarification Brickyard. You get over 50 like me the first thing to go is the memory. It does not get much better than the 500. It gets in your blood my wife does not understand me when Memorial Day rolls around not being at the race.

5/29/18, 10:23 PM   #8
ISF

Of the 33 500's we've seen this years' was no worse than a tied for the most boring. It cost $15 a pop more to renew our tickets for 2019, that should unquestionably insure more excitement next year.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500 Stream Link