IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
chillyrn (Offline)
  #1 6/16/21 12:59 PM
I'm looking for some thoughts/advice from those that have witnessed midget racing at the Lincoln, IL quarter-mile. Looking at YouTube videos, it looks sort of similar to FALS (although that may not be a fair comparison). The track looks ok, but the first two videos I saw, it rubbered up. Does it rubber up often, or was I just unlucky pulling those videos? How many cars do they usually get for IL midget week there? I'm contemplating going tomm, but it's a tougher decision because I'd be driving right by (plus another 2 hours) another sprint car race (albeit Outlaws at 34 Raceway). Bottom line... is it worth driving 2 hours further to go to POWRI midgets at Lincoln... or should I stick to Outlaws at 34 Raceway (more of a known commodity, personally) ?? Thanks in advance!
jim goerge (Offline)
  #2 6/16/21 5:42 PM
I"d be heading to the PowrI show myself just cuz (in my opinion ) the midgets put on a better show. Almost all the PowrI shows I"ve been to have 35 or more cars, then throw in 6 to 8 KKM cars , 4 5 Boat cars and you have a pretty loaded field
6 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
Jonr (Offline)
  #3 6/16/21 6:01 PM
That is a tough one. I love the midgets, but to drive past a WOO show for a POWRi show would be tough especially factoring the additional 2 hour car drive home after the show. POWRi car counts can be all over the board. In the last couple of years, I have been to shows that had 40+ and to shows with 20.

I do not know how well people travel for the POWRi speed week, but with USAC in Pa, you are not going to have any of the USAC cross over cars.
4 Likes: jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, tirespinner
Jonr (Offline)
  #4 6/16/21 8:25 PM
24 POWRi cars tonight to kick off POWRi speed week
3 Likes: jim goerge, oppweld, tirespinner
kendirt (Offline)
  #5 6/16/21 9:40 PM
I'd think real hard about going to the WoO race at Dubuque.
oppweld (Offline)
  #6 6/16/21 10:05 PM
34 wings sucks balls compared to Lincoln and I'm from Burlington!!!!!
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
chillyrn (Offline)
  #7 6/16/21 10:11 PM
@kendirt… that’s a done deal! I’m heading there after a trip across the river to stock up on some New Glarus brew… looking forward to it!
3 Likes: kendirt, oppweld, tirespinner
oppweld (Offline)
  #8 6/16/21 11:05 PM
Dubuque is going to be a front row winner and one hard charger from middle of the pack. As for New Glarus, that's a winner anytime!
Jonr (Offline)
  #9 6/18/21 9:40 AM
So how did it go last night?
oppweld (Offline)
  #10 6/18/21 10:03 AM
Lincoln midgets (32) cars was a slugfest! Cannon McIntosh emerged the Victor over Weideman and Karter Sartoff.
3 Likes: jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner